Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Radeon 9800pro in Slackware 10 using fglrx
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:56 pm   Post subject: Radeon 9800pro in Slackware 10 using fglrx

with x.org i cant get my radeon 9800pro to work properly in slackware linux 10.. i followed all the directions to get it to work properly but for soem reason it isnt working like it should. in glxgears i only get 350fps when it should be up over 2000. this is my fglxinfo

Quote:
bash-2.05b# ./fglrxinfo
display: :0.0 screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.4 Mesa 5.0.2)

i attached my xorg.conf file as a text document cuz its pretty big and will make the page look wierd...
another thing that was weird that happened when i installed the package was none of the commands that were supposed to be installed weren't and i had to navigate to the files that were extracted when the package was installed (ie: /usr/X11R6/bin/) to execute glxgears or fglrxinfo etc.

also when i modprobe agp-gart it says the module doesnt exist

while i'm at it, i cant remember how to get modules to auto-load on boot, could someone refreash my memory? i installed the drives for my onboard sound but i always have to load the module after i boot... and i also cant remember how to get x to load after boot... its been about a year since i decided to switch back to slackware

xorg.txt
 Description:
my xorg.conf file

Download
 Filename:  xorg.txt
 Filesize:  15.59 KB
 Downloaded:  188 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hate to say this, but there are many reports of ATI's fglrx binary drivers not cooperating with Xorg. Try downgrading to XFree86, in which case http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&prodType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=1&submit.y=4&submit=GO%21 is your answer. Else.... just wait, I suppose Sad You can try the Xfree86 driver with Xorg too, but no guarantees.
Blade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was just curious as to how i'd remove xorg, i ran pkgtool but there are no xorg packages installed for me to remove
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, I think I found just what you're looking for. It's for another distribution, but you're both using ATI cards trying to enable 3d acceleration on X.org. Hopefully it's of some use to you Smile

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=37650#post37650

Good luck =D
Blade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks i'll give this a try
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: