Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I think Dan is taking things way to seriously.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:48 pm   Post subject: I think Dan is taking things way to seriously.

Honestly, this isn't PM material. I think Dan is sticking that pickle way too far up his ass. And I want everyone to know what I think and discuss this in a matter that can hopefully resolve all the fcuking tension. Since when did sarcasm become flaming's gasoline? I think people tend to forget that what happens in front of your computer is meaningless in any aspect of your life, and that any sarcastic comment I make is constantly being blown way out of proportion.

Case-in-point, my comment about the banning of gay literature. Everyone seemed to openly understand my sarcastic and satirical comment based on what I read from the article. Then this kid shows up and starts saying he wants to kill me, and not as a joke, he was serious. Showing flagrant hostility for a joke, that is by all accounts in favour of what he believes to be a correct. Any ideas or comments?

Or the whole thing about Maverick saying I like getting rim-jobs and me openly inviting him for another round of happy anus-love. It was a joke, and I'm pretty sure he was joking around too.

Or the whole "Aoi" thing. I said she wasn't cute for all the flirting, ect. Nothing horrible had to come from that. It was honestly a joke, and someone said: "Wow! You're a meanie! I hate you now!"

If making this post gets me banned, so be it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have kinda noticed that there are lots of noob flamers these days... i dont think its dan taking things to seriously i think its many of the noob flamers and the people being flamed, they seem to be serious i dont kno maybe its just me...but things are kinda getting a liitle crazy

flamers are tolerable when they say things sarcastically to the a certain point, when they critise something stupid someone has done but also to a certain limit

anyway thats my perception of all this
templest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Exactly, I find some of the things that people say are completely redundant and uncalled for. ie: Earthbound. He had no buisness flaming me for any of the topics that he did in, and far less articulately, mind you. He had nothing to do with the conversation. Out of no where, he says: "I think you're an ass and a bitch for not being polite to girls." What the hell does he care how I treat others? I haven't had any beef with him at all, my thought is that he wanted to look cool to everyone and "prove" that he was "flame worthy?". I don't know. But what I do know is, some people here _are_ making stupid flames. (ie: "I think you're a gay ass that likes getting your butt licked"). But I personally don't think I've any reason to take the load of rage that Dan seems to be accumulating when everyone is failing to see some of the most important things here. Yes, I say random things sometimes. Yes, I say sarcastic things sometimes. Yes, I'll say: "I don't like you because j00 t4lk 2 much l1k3 d1z". And even then, it's always jokes. I honestly cannot fathom anyone taking my flames seriously.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that everyone should just lay low for a while, and hopefully we'll get this website sorted out.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: Re: I think Dan is taking things way to seriously.

templest wrote:
And I want everyone to know what I think and discuss this in a matter that can hopefully resolve all the fcuking tension.

You know, an easy, good first step to resolving all the tension would be to stop using the f word.

templest wrote:
I think people tend to forget that what happens in front of your computer is meaningless in any aspect of your life

You say that know, but you didn't remember it when you flamed Earthbound or ELCOMANDANTE or Cornflake or Maverick, and you'll probably forget it in ten minutes.
(Even if the flare with Maverick was a joke, it is not appropriate for this site.)

templest wrote:
I honestly cannot fathom anyone taking my flames seriously.

It's outstandingly obvious that they have been taken seriously.
Your giving us all kinds of examples of how your comments are purely sarcastic and all in good fun. But we've seen again and again that these comments lead to flame wars. If you stop the sarcastic comments and apologize to those you've flamed, things should cool down. Aight?
templest wrote:
He had no buisness flaming me for any of the topics that he did in, and far less articulately, mind you

Also, stop throwing in small but nonetheless insulting comments in your posts. It's awfully hard for Earthbound (and the rest of compsci.ca) to forgive and forget when provoking little comments like these are strewn across all your posts.

Dan has been very lenient with the aggressive banning rule with regards to you. If you actually care about compsci.ca, take my advice and do the following:

1.) Stop the small, insulting, and provoking comments.
    2.) Stop the sarcastic posts.
    3.) Apologize to those you've flamed, and to compsci.ca
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am not doing this out of some personal reason, just look at the site rules and your posts. If i was to strikly falow them u whould be baned about 100 times over. lets just take a look at this post alone........

Lets just assume that u could get away with making a post soley ageset an admin and that this whould not volite our flame rules to start with. then u have this lovely line:

Quote:

I think Dan is sticking that pickle way too far up his ass.

Now other then the fact that this line here purely flaming me, it is also inprorite content for this site and breaks our PG level guid line.

Also u have more nice languge later on:

Quote:

......resolve all the fcuking tension.

No need for swearing, the same msg whould have been give w/o it. It is also agest the site rules.

If no one understand your "sarcastic and satirical comment[s]" and take office to them, then stop posting them. Even if we say that ur coments realy are just sracastic and u mean no harm, u should know now that poleop are not taking them that way and should have stoped.

Also Earthbound did have buisness "flaming" you, he is both my and Aoi's firends and he was trying to defend us and stick up for his firends.

Now this is your last and fianl warning, start compling 100% to the rules of the site or u will be removed for a set time perioed. That means no more swearing and no more content unsuited for this site. Also no more unprovoked flaming.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, this isn't about who has better points, and if no one took templest seriously, I think dan wouldn't be taking this seriously at all Rolling Eyes
templest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Done. This is BS. Too much. I'm out. Siyonara. Arrivederci. So long. Peace out. Nice to know ya. Ect, ect. Later.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Meh... ah well, to think I'm one of the few people who will miss templest and jonos (damn it! he didn nothing!), oh well, at least we still have maverick. I hope all of you are happy (especially the new people) Sad
Aoi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: Re: I think Dan is taking things way to seriously.

templest wrote:

Or the whole "Aoi" thing. I said she wasn't cute for all the flirting, ect. Nothing horrible had to come from that. It was honestly a joke, and someone said: "Wow! You're a meanie! I hate you now!"

Wow I thought this whole thing was over and done with and wasn't this like a month or so ago? why am I being dragged into this when I have dissappeared off this site for a while now?
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i will kinda miss him to... o well so long templest
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Meh... ah well, to think I'm one of the few people who will miss templest and jonos (damn it! he didn nothing!)

Poleop do not get baned for no reason, and almost allways there has to be at least 2 admins or serveral mods to ok the baning of some one. Jono's baning was aproved by more then one person, and was not just one person being pissed off. Also all banings are not just done b/c we do not like the poleop, they whould have to vaoilt the rules of the site in more then one post.

It is not like we are hiding the rules and just randomly making up new ones, they are and have been posted for some time. If u have a problem with some of the rules then post and talk about it but do not go nuts and try to see how many times u can break it b4 u get baned.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, at least list the rules that he broke. On the thread where his banning was announced.
Pickles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:33 am   Post subject: Re: I think Dan is taking things way to seriously.

templest wrote:
I think Dan is sticking that pickle way too far up his ass.

Now wait a minute... Wink

And as for that whole Aoi thing, i think its obvious (and even by her own account), she has dan whipped.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Well, at least list the rules that he broke. On the thread where his banning was announced.

I was not the one who brougth up the case of baning jonos and i was not the one who aucatly baned him so u whould have to ask the person who did for the excat rules. But it was having to due with the new no tolarnce baning rules and some of his more choice posts lately.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: