Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pacman Racer 1.4...(CRYSTAL CLEAR)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Beastie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: Pacman Racer 1.4...(CRYSTAL CLEAR)

I figured out the "offscreenonly" thanks to you guys:D its perfect now!

Game.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Game.t
 Filesize:  18.77 KB
 Downloaded:  360 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Neo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should add new updates to your previous thread otherwise there will be too many PacMan Racer threads. You really need to fix the flicker, are you not noticing it or something? Use setscreen("offscreenonly") and View.Update.
Beastie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

when i use offscreenonly it doesnt work,all i can see is the red balls and everything else is black... and the flicker isnt that bad on my computer...
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u didn't have to make a new topic u could have replied to your older version of this game. also put in your setscreen offscreenonly and then put a View.Update in a lot of the parts in the code or else like u said u will only see the red ball. one spot to put it would be on line 727 but it still will flicker a bit but it will be better. then just stick the View.Update after each time u draw something.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the reason it's so hard to fix the flicker is because there's a lot of redundancy in the code and it's structure is generally unorganized Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Neo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool dude wrote:
u didn't have to make a new topic u could have replied to your older version of this game. also put in your setscreen offscreenonly and then put a View.Update in a lot of the parts in the code or else like u said u will only see the red ball. one spot to put it would be on line 727 but it still will flicker a bit but it will be better. then just stick the View.Update after each time u draw something.

I usually only need to use View.Update once in my programs and they come at the end of the loop.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
there's a lot of redundancy in the code

but yes, normally one would have a single graphics engine with a single View.Update() at the end of frame's render
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
cool dude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats actually wat i meant. at the end of each loop u would probably need a View.Update since u r animating and drawing objects. trust me u will see an improvement and it shouldn't flicker at all.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Beastie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I fixed it it doesnt flicker at all anymore
cool dude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u did fix it except for the part that the pacman still flickers a bit but thats good.
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pretty nice game, but a few bugs need to fix
Carino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty good. Though the collision is buggy and you can cheat at a few points.
hdef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there are a few bugs int he walls... like the first and last level u cna cut through the corner right before the ball in the first 1....

and int he one wher eu have the little gap u can go through that corner also...

got went through it... got rid of the flicker and changed it so u can't mvoe diagonally so u can't jump the walls at spots....

if u didnt want it done then sorry...

Game-fix.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Game-fix.t
 Filesize:  18.7 KB
 Downloaded:  187 Time(s)

Beastie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thx...but thrs some other bugs i gotta fix and it seems worse with out being able to move diaganally
hdef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea i just didnt see the need to move diagonally, all ur turns are 90 anyway...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: