Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mario - Not Complete
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:01 am   Post subject: Mario - Not Complete

First of all - Woohoo! I'm the first loser to post in the Basic forum in 2005 Razz (thats a good start here for me)

Anyways, I came here for the Turing and noticed you guys do BlitzBasic too Smile

This is something I programmed in BlitzPlus a while back, I was working on recreating the original mario game, just for fun.

I dont have the full version of Blitz, otherwise I would have compiled it, so you only have the source (just as good Very Happy ).

Anyways, heres my things I was working on Confused

I dont think ill ever finish it, as I got bored, and moved onto a 2D MMORPG game Crying or Very sad

NOTE: Run AnimMoveTest.bb

mario.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mario.zip
 Filesize:  15.22 KB
 Downloaded:  351 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, collision detection needs work. I haven't looked at your code much, but I wonder: is it a problem with the map, or with the actual detection? Did you use that Mappy program? Just a guess, since you named your map file mappy. Thinking

You made this in BlitzPlus, you say? Did you transfer it into BlitzBasic, or are BlitzPlus programs compatible with BlitzBasic?

Lastly, is the MMORPG game done in blitz? Very Happy

Thanks for the submission,
-Cervantes
TheEvilOne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah.. the MMORPG is being made in Blitz, but its a lot more complex than this. I also use Mappy for the MMORPG, and Mario. Only... Mario was one of my first projects and it got scrapped for lack of interest Crying or Very sad

EDIT: and as a note... BlitzBasic isnt really a language/module. They have BlitzPlus, BlitzMax, and Blitz3D... although they used to have a module called Blitz2D...
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: