Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Downtime?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: Downtime?

does any1 know about the server downtime... it apparently delete all data from dec 2nd onward...is it possible to get it back??
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

look in GD, and probably not.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe, what data did u lose?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I vote for martin
templest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I vote that dan (or another admin with FTP access, tony?) starts making weekly backups of the site onto their own HD. Every week you just delete the old one and download a fresh copy. Y'know, to avoid problems when the server gets another bit-rot meltdown. Mad
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What about me? I was the one who first discovered it, AND I dealt some justice out to our little script kiddie friend who did the damage. (6)
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
I vote for martin
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

We'll take care of you guys, don't worry.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
I vote for martin

Martin's not an admin Rolling Eyes

Quote:

I vote that dan (or another admin with FTP access, tony?) starts making weekly backups of the site onto their own HD. Every week you just delete the old one and download a fresh copy. Y'know, to avoid problems when the server gets another bit-rot meltdown. Mad

We do, and so does the host..........that is why the site was rolled back one week. Noramly we whould have better back up restoration but the reasons for this down time where not noraml.........
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
What about me? I was the one who first discovered it, AND I dealt some justice out to our little script kiddie friend who did the damage. (6)

Forgetting someone arn't we? Razz
And in case anyone is wondering who to blame, you can all head on over to x-ploited.org and spam them in retalliation. If your feeling really vindictive (and your running linux) you can download and run this script to up his visitor counter (50000 of them are me and martin... and the UW math computers...Smile). And apparently his site is vulnerable to apachebench as well...

[edit] make that 57000 hits Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Cornflake wrote:
visitor counter (50000 of them are me and martin... and the UW math computers...Smile). And apparently his site is vulnerable to apachebench as well...

[edit] make that 57000 hits Smile

aucatly the magority of thos where from the lakehead computers that i was doing it on.....i got there site to complety shut down for a bit when i had over 20 difrent instances of my moded verson of the shell script runing.......tho then my own comp overheated Confused
MihaiG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

he he he.... i just got a new Samsung SyncMaser 712n LCD monitor... does any know how to adjust it ....ome of the fonts turn out bad and green and pink arent to good??

edit
i did adjhust form te little buttons bedlow the screen but... that doesnt work... and some of the software(that came with it)isnt compatible
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, would it be possible for you to post a copy of that script, for umm...educational purposes?
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OOH fianlly, his site! AWSOME.
What dmg is possiable? any ideas? tell me!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: