Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 where to download Java?
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ruby_moon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:03 am   Post subject: where to download Java?

I am totally new to Java, i am learning java through textbook. i want to download JDK1.4.2 to practise some exercise; however, there are so many kinda of these version. i do not know which one should i download ( actyually i tried to download one, but it is some kind of window office, stuffs with drawing and notepad Crying or Very sad ). hihi would you mind telling which one is the rite version for me to download?
Thanx a lot Very Happy

biiig cute smile!.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.85 KB
 Viewed:  3516 Time(s)

biiig cute smile!.jpg

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Go to http://java.sun.com and download the 1.4.2 SDK (Software Development Kit).

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

It's the first of the wide sections down.
ruby_moon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you Smile . Is it J2SEv1.4.2_06SDK? i downloaded it, but when i set it up it is just Java Web Start, there is no program for writing code.
How come? Sad
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ruby_moon wrote:
Thank you Smile . Is it J2SEv1.4.2_06SDK? i downloaded it, but when i set it up it is just Java Web Start, there is no program for writing code.
How come? Sad

Because Java programs are just text. You don't need a special program to write them. Just write your program in something like NotePad or TextPad, save it, then go into the command-line and compile it with the javac.exe program.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can also use eclipse

www.eclipse.org
ruby_moon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hihi thanks a lot. i thought java is similar like C++ Embarassed
Thank you Very Happy
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ruby_moon wrote:
hihi thanks a lot. i thought java is similar like C++ Embarassed
Thank you Very Happy

You don't need an IDE to program. There's nothing magical about source code! It's just plain text that a compiler or interpreter turns into a form that in one way or another can be executed by the computer.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Unless you are using a Microsoft IDE, in which case it refuses to compile if you have less than 10 redundant .proj etc. files sitting around.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: