Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Jennings has fallen.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: Jennings has fallen.

Ken's out.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Neo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, thats too bad...the poor guy only left with 2.5+ million dollars... Crying or Very sad
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Looks like he wanted out. He gave a ratarted answer: FedEx is not seasonal work.. Heck, even I knew that question Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
templest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Play Jeopardy for a living...
Leave wth $2-Million dollars...
Play Jeopardy for a living...
Leave wth $2-Million dollars...

I know what I'd do... nothing beats roasting kittens for christmas.
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
Looks like he wanted out. He gave a ratarted answer: FedEx is not seasonal work.. Heck, even I knew that question Rolling Eyes

One of my friends suggested that he was paid off to do so...but then, what exactly are they going to pay him? Anything he possibly couldn't make within a few days anyway? Hehe...I'm kinda wishing I'd had watched that ep...hmm...maybe BitTorrent...
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh teh nos! Somebody on Jeopardy won and somebody else didn't?! This is huge, go tell everybody you know (internationally if possible)!
Brightguy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:12 am   Post subject: Re: Jennings has fallen.

It was kind of a fluke, he wagered about $5,000 on both Daily Doubles in the second half, and missed them both. Getting either one of them would have given him enough money so that Zerg wouldn't have been able to catch him at the end. And when he missed the final clue as well, it was game over.

Also, Zerg messed up her wager at the end. The scores were $14,400 (Ken) to $10,000 (Nancy) and she wagered $4,401 to beat Ken by $1 if he didn't wager anything. But Ken has to assume that she's betting everything, and wager $5601 to cover her doubled score (which he did). So she wagered too much... if she had had gotten the final question wrong Ken would still be playing.

Also, she came in last her very next game. Rolling Eyes
Congrats to Ken! He was an incredible player, with a simply amazing wealth of knowledge.
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Oh teh nos! Somebody on Jeopardy won and somebody else didn't?! This is huge, go tell everybody you know (internationally if possible)!

Sensationalism strikes again...can't beat it now can we?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya she was just a fluke winner
Mensa_Dude

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we can all give the guy a break.....Jeopardy managed to succeed in beating Who Wants to be a millionaire's 2 million-dollar prize record...I think that was their goal since the get go...that plus they need ratings!

Anyhow, i think the guy wanted to go back to his life! Shoot, I would after spending that many days in the Jeopardy studio! Smile
templest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mensa_Dude wrote:
we can all give the guy a break.....Jeopardy managed to succeed in beating Who Wants to be a millionaire's 2 million-dollar prize record...I think that was their goal since the get go...that plus they need ratings!

Anyhow, i think the guy wanted to go back to his life! Shoot, I would after spending that many days in the Jeopardy studio! Smile

A couple more days and a fcuk load more money...
Go home now and enjoy what you have...

That kitten is sounding more and more delicious.
MihaiG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the funniest one was when ...What is a long handled gardening tool and a immoral pleasure seeker......he said a hoe.the the audience burst out laughing...so does ALexthe correct answer was a rake??
Neo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:

You know that word is censored for a reason. Confused
templest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Neo wrote:
templest wrote:

You know that word is censored for a reason. Confused
I think people have slowly come to realize that there are infinite ways of spelling it. The greatest dictionary-censor in the world can't stop them all. You'd need some hardcore AI in order to stop me! Twisted Evil
Neo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:

You know that word is censored for a reason. ConfusedI think people have slowly come to realize that there are infinite ways of spelling it. The greatest dictionary-censor in the world can't stop them all. You'd need some hardcore AI in order to stop me! Twisted Evil

Now there's a good final project idea. Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: