Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 western hangman game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
msimard8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: western hangman game

here is a hangman program that i did in computers class...its probably not the greatest but it works

hangmanms.t
 Description:
hangman

Download
 Filename:  hangmanms.t
 Filesize:  27.76 KB
 Downloaded:  448 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:45 pm   Post subject: Re: western hangman game

msimard8 wrote:
here is a hangman program that i did in computers class...its probably not the greatest but it works

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...you were right on the first point and wrong on the second.

If you're code needs pics to operate, please zip everything up and post the zip file.
Check your code (well, dl the copy you've posted), it has a large number of bugs in it (mainly w/ locate()s.)
Neo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Link delos said, instead of using locate to output texts use Font.Draw (txtStr : string, x, y, fontID, Color : int). BTW nice graphics.
clintdog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:18 am   Post subject: Great

The code is genius, I haven't seen a game this well organized in years. You are on to something here Very Happy Those guys don't recognize talent
Viper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm clint mabey its jus me but ur a newb and they would know a lot more than u so if i were u u shouldent be cherpin bout reconizing
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow... thats alot of lines for hangman. Maybe you should incorporate loops for drawing and stuff...
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Great

clintdog wrote:
The code is genius, I haven't seen a game this well organized in years. You are on to something here Very Happy Those guys don't recognize talent

I'm guessing from your post that you know what you're talking about. I would like to draw your attention to this.
Obviously there is no comparison between msimard8 and Zylum (the former has yet to conclusively prove their competence), but this simply illustrates the point that your laudations, though well meaning, are quite some misplaced.
As for talent, perhaps msimard8 can draw some nice shapes and play some nice music, but they still have a while to go with debugging ("Sure it's an awsome proggie...when it works").
Not to discourage them at all, indeed the point of this forum is to foster understanding, and better use of programming languages - be they Turing or Java &c &c.
On the other hand, we have yet to see anything at all from you, besides this one post. Not so much as an introduction in the Hello World thread (now somewhat forgotten...[sigh].
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think there is something wrong with it

it can't play
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: