Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Duck Hunt
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: Duck Hunt

Ok, for my next compsci FP, I wanna do duck hunt and build one of those light guns that you shoot the screen with. I've been doing a bit of reasearching on how to make one. Anyone know how to? Would I be able to make one?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just find one from snes and hook that up to a parallelport, would save you a lot of trouble.

as for how it works... isn't it basically external whatdotcolour type of thing? I'm not sure though.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, basically. I wanna make one tho, itd be more fun.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in terms of duckhunt it is very simple.

When you shoot the gun the screen will briefly flash white, and a square around the duck does not. This way the gun does not have to be so precise.

If you are making duckhunt I reccomend you make it that way because my opinion is if you're going to make a classic game it should be as close to the origional as possible.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The best part was you could hold paper over the gun and it would think you were shooting the duck Wink
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://stuffo.howstuffworks.com/question273.htm
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: