Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Testing my new l33t PHP skills.
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:53 pm   Post subject: Testing my new l33t PHP skills.

Yeah, I'm l33t at PHP now. I've spent a whole twenty minutes memorizing the syntax. I just felt like trying out some pretty basic skills. Guess the pass. Wink Shouldn't be that hard to do if you know what you're doing, but I just wanted to see if anyone could do it non-the-less. http://xiplst.uni.cc/some.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u cannot just simply hack a sever side mechanism... so you cannot just figure out the password templest, it's not like javascript you know, which runs at the client end.
templest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Meh, that's why I'm so l33t, no?
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Razz
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Testing my new l33t PHP skills.

templest wrote:
Yeah, I'm l33t at PHP now. I've spent a whole twenty minutes memorizing the syntax. I just felt like trying out some pretty basic skills. Guess the pass. Wink Shouldn't be that hard to do if you know what you're doing, but I just wanted to see if anyone could do it non-the-less. http://xiplst.uni.cc/some.html

The syntax of PHP isn't so much the problem as the library. There are 5000+ functions to memorize. Go for it!
templest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Testing my new l33t PHP skills.

wtd wrote:
templest wrote:

The syntax of PHP isn't so much the problem as the library. There are 5000+ functions to memorize. Go for it!

Who says I'm not? It's been twenty minutes since my last post. Wink
EDIT: Heh, this could be another thing to do at 4:00AM when you have nothing to do. Razz
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[cough] Rails [/cough]
templest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What is that anyways? I've seen you advocating that thing a lot recently. Eh
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a fun and powerful framework for developing websites.. similar to the JSP (with java beans) framework.. just that it has a less steeper learning curve, hence fun, and it runs on Ruby.

other somewhat similar frameworks are: ZOPE (opensource, python based) and the powerful Cold Fusion(commercial, has it's own language, extermely versatile, can easily integrate with the .NET framework and the J2EE framework).
md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you don't know php untill you use it to write a backend for your site.

Speaking of which... YOU USE INVISION POWERBOARD; WFT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Have you seen you page times?!
Quote:

[ Script Execution time: 1.1260 ] [ 9 queries used ]

Now my site (powered by punbb)
Quote:

Generated in 0.367 seconds, 15 queries executed.

- And that's my main page which needs a lot more queries.

I can't find any stats for phpbb, but it's in general equally slow. You might wan't to consider going to punbb Razz
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe because punbb doesn't use any damm graphics....and there is nothing wrong with IB...I prefere phpBB
templest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I actually have two running, I just installed IPB to see how good it is. http://xiplst.uni.cc/phpBB2/ = One I used to have.
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i actually like vBulletin the best... to bad it's not free.
md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
maybe because punbb doesn't use any damm graphics

Er... the times shown are the times it took for the php script to execute... not load on the user's machine...

I used to run an invision board, but I got fed up with modding it - the code was just to ugly. The main reasons I use punbb are the superb speed, and the ease with which I can mod it.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: