Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Vb Help.
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Crazy Ivan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: Vb Help.

I've made a web browser and a few command buttons, What i want them to do is go to specific urls once pressed, Like after i've clicked CommandButton1 it takes me to www.blah.com, After i've clicked CommandButton2 it takes me to www.okthx.com and so on, Can anyone help me? Tips, Help, Even source code will be appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Brightguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Vb Help.

I guess the easiest way would be to use the WebBrowser control, which allows you to use the IE viewer in a VB project. To go to a specific URL, use the Navigate method, which "Navigates to a resource identified by a URL or to the file identified by a full path".
Crazy Ivan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hi,
I figured out what i needed to do myself about 5 hours ago. I have already made a web browser , I think you thought i had not configured it to run off my IE, Which i had done. Well back on the subject, All i needed to do was add a command button and add this in the command button WebBrowser1.Navigate "www.Test.com" so it would send me to that specific url after the command button was pressed. Next time i won't be asking any questions here as you have to wait over 10 hours for a reply, And by that time i would have already figured it out by myself, But thank you for atleast responding.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh wow

Crazy Ivan : take it easy. Not that many people here know Visual Basic, and your question was very vague.
Crazy Ivan wrote:
I've made a web browser

how is anybody suppost to know how your browser works? Besides, you haven't made it anyways, you're just using the existing IE class to grab and display the content. All you're really changing is adding a bunch of extra buttons on the side.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Crazy Ivan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
oh wow

Crazy Ivan : take it easy. Not that many people here know Visual Basic, and your question was very vague.

Indeed it was, I thought someone with a bit of logic would understand my very vage post, But i guess i was wrong.
Crazy Ivan wrote:
I've made a web browser.

tony wrote:
how is anybody suppost to know how your browser works? Besides, you haven't made it anyways, you're just using the existing IE class to grab and display the content. All you're really changing is adding a bunch of extra buttons on the side.

Crazy Ivan wrote:
I think you thought i had not configured it to run off my IE, Which i had done.

If you had read my post thoroughly you would have come across were i stated the above, So it was clear that i was useing the existing IE explorer class, But i did have to make an explorer like form with command buttons and so forth, I may have not stated it in my first post but i did in my second post, Next time / when ever do decide to ask another question it will be very detailed. Sorry if i have upset you in anyway as i did not mean to.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: