Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Just look at the thread, don't ask questions.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: Just look at the thread, don't ask questions.

And this, my friends, is what an uncapped Internet connection looks like. 8)
Now excuse me whilst I go hook everything back up.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Damn you templest. I hope you get caught. I'm jealous of course.
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Awww...ain't that cute...did you click the back button a whole bunch of times? Wink
templest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hah, I didn't know you could do that. (Just tried it). I'll do the hook-up again and run a test on whatever server you want, if you don't believe me. Wink
EDIT: It's not like I'm going to set up a 'Counter-Strike: Source' server on my box with that connection. Good way to get a lawsuit.
RE-EDIT: And criminal charges. Eh
Dark Matter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Number one: Sorry for asking, but what the hell is going on? Secondly, how do you get the GUI to look like that? Are you just using Virtual PC, or did you do a bunch of manual configuration?
templest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Define, "look like that".
Dark Matter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, based on the dock at the bottom and the window skin, it's obvious you're using a Mac. But at the top it looks like a Windows interface, the window buttons (close, maximize and minimize) are on the right instead of the left (a Windows characteristic), and some of the applications in the dock (like mIRC and WinAmp), are Windows-only. So what did you do?
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I promise you that is Windows.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dark Matter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No it's a Mac. Of course, she's added some kind of emulator, most likely Virtual PC to run Windows on top of it. Now, I was a little confused, because I thought Virtual PC allowed you to run Windows, DOS or some Windows alternative (Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, etc) that would only be compatible with PC's in a separate window. But here she has the Windows interface working in the same environment as Mac OS.
josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am pretty sure that is windows or linux (proboly windows). head over the the gallersy forum and u can see what some ppl have done with there desktops in the sticky at the top of the forum.

and if u r fortunate enough to have the $$$ to own a mac, why the hell would u make a beutiful machine like that look windowsish??? Confused

EDIT: and based on the URL in the bottom right section of the desktop I would say it is just a skin Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Might be a desktop widget for object desktop.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dumbas5, that "skins.be" is a URL for the wallpaper. C'mon man, where's your intuative nature. Did you bother typing it in your browser to see what you got? It's a wallpapers site.
Either way, since you all seem to be so perplexed with what OS I'm using. I'll just sit here and laugh at you all a little more, until I get bored. Razz Then, I'll still leave it up to you to guess what OS it is. Very Happy

EDIT: I'll leave you all to guess what my gender is. Razz
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That means DOS. It's DOS, isn't is templest? Right? Am I right?
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, we all know you're really Avril Lavigne, thats why there are so many users on this site.
zomg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ALL U HAVE TO DO IS PRESS BACK AND REDO THE TEST AND IT GOES FASTER EVERY TIME

IT JUST GETS CACHED CUZ HE DID IT SO MANY TIMES

TEMPLEST UR SUCH A NOOB

LMFAO x infinity

And its a free program called longhorn transformation pack if u were wondering about the GUI
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: