Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My Calculator
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
yerich

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:26 pm   Post subject: My Calculator

Yes, yes. I know. Calculators are boring. They are lame. But the one that I've made may just be half-decent. It has two displays, and supports real numbers, basic operations and stuff like that. It does not follow order of operations, nor does the square root function work very well. But its my first program in Turing, and I hope that you guys and help me make it better. It's so annoying not having a built-in BEDMAS function...

calculator v1.1.t
 Description:
Here she is.

Download
 Filename:  calculator v1.1.t
 Filesize:  11.48 KB
 Downloaded:  497 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
metachief

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:30 pm   Post subject: RE:My Calculator

dude...whats with the immense intro in your code. Do you think anyone will actually read or pay attention to that. Other than that, nice job. And I would also remove your name at the beginning when the program starts, because it already pretty evident who made it...
Asherel

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:52 pm   Post subject: Re: My Calculator

Squre Root is this:

Turing:

Square_Root:= sqrt(number)
Tallguy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:39 am   Post subject: RE:My Calculator

really good job, a friend of mine is trying to make a calulator also, but its not as god as urs, well done
DaveAngus

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm   Post subject: RE:My Calculator

Great Job!!!
I really like this! And like metacheif said, the copyright intro isnt really necessary. If someone really wanted to copywrite this then the could always just press delete over top of that whole shpeal. Haha
Take care
yerich

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:54 pm   Post subject: RE:My Calculator

Thanks a lot for your comments. Does anyone know how I could get keyboard entry to work? I tried using a unending loop, but it made the GUI not work.

As for the copyright, it's there because I like it there. So shoot me.
andrew.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 pm   Post subject: RE:My Calculator

Good calculator, but some constructive criticism; don't use quit. Try to use exit instead and if you cant do that, then have the window open by using Window.Open and then use Window.Close to close it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: