Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Black Jack
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
person

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:53 pm   Post subject: Black Jack

i saw ppl talking bout black jack so....

i kno its messy but ill fix it lata
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DVL_IAC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm i get this error everytime i try to do somethin in it "illeagal picture ID number" Confused did u use pics then not include em with the zip file?
post8k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry but the game is not working !!!
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

May i suggest including the pictures with the program, lol. And also, i was reading your program and you shouldn't ask to make the ace 1 or 11, do it automatically.
code:
if a = 1 then
    if score + 11 > 21 then
        card (x) := 1
    else
        card (x) := 11
    end if
end if

Then if the score is over 21, change all previous aces to 1 (can only have one obviously).
code:

if score > 21 then
    for x : 1 .. totalcards %Checking if there are any aces in your hand
        if card (x) = 11 then %Changing the value
            card (x) := 1
        end if
    end for
end if

I hope this'll work, and sorry if you have this, only in a different variation, but i hope it'll help you somehow. Confused
Token

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in my program what i did was made the aces add to the count of a variable, and then once the user stayed, it added them all up as 11's untill if it would add as 11 it would be over then it added as 1
Naveg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you need to put the pictures in the zip
person

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry i forgot
Token

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mmm thats nice but now try putting them both in the same zip Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There's quite a few things you can work on. It's probabily my monitor, but the problem with using "graphics:max;max" is that it isn't the same on everyone's comp. Half of the third card is cut off. You can leave it at max;max, just make the first card closer the money.

Also, I never know what the computer has. It seems like i randomly win or lose (i know its not set up like that). You should show the computer's cards, or at least his score. And i shouldn't have to add up my score, it should be displayed.

Also, if i bust, i can keep hitting, then i get an ace and it asks me 1 or 11 (do it auto.) and then it keeps saying BUST. Just exit the loop and display the "again" button.

Also, your program doesn't work right the first time, it clicks in on the second try.

There are some other things you can work on (i.e. dullness), but other than that good try, just fix up those little things and it'll be fine Wink
person

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1) i have the comp's cards (u cant see it due to ur monitor...wats the dimensions in pixels??)

2) ill fix the problem soon...i havent opened it since i posted....(stupid drama hw)
jamonathin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

person wrote:
1) i have the comp's cards (u cant see it due to ur monitor...wats the dimensions in pixels??)

I have no idea, juss crappy comp sci class moniters, i cant imagine anything over 850;600
Artimes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The computers at my school can support high-colour and true-colour from 640x480 ... 1280x1024 res. I use 1024 x 768 because they're 15" monitors, and the max res is a little blury.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: