Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Should there be a hardware forum?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should we have a hardware forum
(No ending time set)
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
I don't really care...
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:16 pm   Post subject: Should there be a hardware forum?

the subject says it all. Should V3 have a forum for questions releating to hardware, technology, circuitry, engineering...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well it dose say compsci on the logo not comp engering but with the V3 update if it even hapens there will be more fourm space......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oooo Dance
Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang can i have powers there? plz plz
josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I realize that it says compsci, but if ppl have problems with there PC's they could post there instead of in GD. Also, many ppl who take compsci also take engineering. IT was just a thought....
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We should just stick to using the GD for stuff like that
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I took comp eng this year, so I'm all for this idea Dance

Hacker Dan, I agree that Hardware isn't part of Compsci.ca's original scope... but the site has taken on a life of it's own since then, and people ARE posting questions about Hardware anyway. So instead of cluttering up the already-cluttered GD, a special forum for it sounds like a good idea ^ ^;

Just my 0.02$. You're the boss Very Happy (one of them)
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, I'm also taking computer engineering. (stupid cisco course) but I can't complain since its easy marks. Hardware/ general computer problems forum would be welcome.
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hardware and software are fundamentally intertwined. Without hardware, we can write all the code we want on whiteboards and notebook paper, but it's not getting us anywhere.

Then again, without software, a $1,000 computer is just a silicon and metal doorstop.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that a hardware forum would be nice.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If V3 ever comes out that is. Nothing directed towards dan, we're all busy.
JHanson90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I sometimes had hardware questions, and I too agree that software and hardware are intertwined. Plus it's sort of natural to find hardware questions on a software forum, anyway. I say "Aye" for a hardware forum.

Speaking of version 3, though, what would really be nice is ... a miscellaneous language category ... and one of those forum boards be.................................... can you guess? RUBY! Very Happy
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

JHanson90 wrote:
I sometimes had hardware questions, and I too agree that software and hardware are intertwined. Plus it's sort of natural to find hardware questions on a software forum, anyway. I say "Aye" for a hardware forum.

Speaking of version 3, though, what would really be nice is ... a miscellaneous language category ... and one of those forum boards be.................................... can you guess? RUBY! Very Happy

Time for you to learn another language. Not that your enthusiasm is bad, but it's a good idea to expand your horizons so you realize why, and see good ideas that Ruby doesn't include. Smile
JHanson90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is sort of making the posts all off-topic, but in response, what language would you recommend? I mentioned a while back that O'Caml was next on my list, but you've mentioned multiple times that it was hard for you to learn, or it "blew your mind." Sort of discouraging, me not even having a year's experience in programming. Eiffel, maybe, umm... Java, no, ... hmm .... ?
josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

java is pretty good, I took a two week course on it in the summer and I found that the basics where pretty easy to get.
apomb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a hardware forum is a great idea! cuz even now, we do have a lot of people modding and making their own computers, snd it is difficult to find other threads on a topic in GD since there are so many other posts in between.

multi Head Bang
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: