Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 World of Warcraft
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh Bullshit! The day this shit is supposed to be up (Open BETA) their site happens to go down? It's a conspiracy! These cokcaroaches are trying to fcuk us! The game comes out the 23rd, it's a pitty if their servers don't go up until the 22nd, and we won't be able to play the Open BETA for more than one day! Fcuking cokcaroaches! That's what they are! They're good for nothin'! NOTHIN'! I'LL KILL THEM ALL!

If you haven't noticed, I just finished watching "Scarface". That's a fcuking good movie.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
hahah starcraft and stratergy? meh g i v e me a break. that's the last thing i'd want to hear!

Well, not on those unlimited crystals maps. Only on real maps.
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i want to test drive WoW Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes I am disgusted
Flea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wc3 has a LOT of strategy.. unfortunately it has a lot of noobs, and most ppl can't appreciate the greatness of the game because the high degree of skill constrast makes the online play not noob friendly at all.
There are a lot of good strategy games, though. ive heard rome total war is pretty awesome, and some ppl like C&C... My username's from Total Annihilation (the flea was the tiniest robot. i thought it was cool)
if any of you guys played that game. I sure did Very Happy
i played the sequel to death as well even though it sucked.

Let me tell you a story of why i owe a big part of my life to blizzard entertainment.

My dream, since i was 7 yrs old, was to make my own video game. I always wanted to do this. It started with Final Fantasy 1, Castle of the Winds(old school game set in norse mythology), and Microman (cheap rip off of megaman). I wanted to make my own versions of these games and improve on the parts i didnt like.
One day a long time ago, i came across wc2. I was in grade 2 or 3 and i spent my own $35 dollars that i had saved up for not buying pizza on pizza days. it was a lot of fun. i wanted to make my own maps and terrain so my guys could be in cooler spots. Luckily the game had an easy editor so i could do that. then came out C&C red alert. it had a stupid editor compared to wc2. so i wanted a new game.
Then starcraft came out and its map editor was wicked. Not only could you smack down terrian and units, but you could have triggers (actions depending on conditions). This was my first introduction to a type of programming.
So i mastered that. It wasnt hard, and i made some semi famous stuff. I learned HTML cause i heard i wanted to put my maps on the web.
Then warcraft came out. Oh wow... how i loved it. The trigger editor was hard though... there was a selection type thing like in SC, but the best mappers used a script called JASS. This was total, real scripting. It was awesome. I learend so much about programming and got famous to nerds for it as well. I also got into skinning and modelling, though i dropped modelling cause i really sucked at it. I was a pretty good skinner though.
So anyway, here i am, and im trying to make my super awesome 2 player duel style version of Microman set in Castle of the Winds type era.

Blizzard, like compsci, has helped me move closer to my goal... i dont care what they charge for WoW or how much it sucks, im paying up. Turns out its not that expensive for an mmo, and i really like it.

P.S. the open beta has started but the blizzard site is down and all tha fileplanet signups are gone. I dont know if im gonna get into this open beta at all... good luck templest and ne1 else excited.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

They just got the torrent links on the main site up. I'm dl'ing it right now. Here's to hoping that the damned site goes back up and I can create a damned account and get damned down to damned mother fcuking buisness!

NOTE: Fcuking cokc-a-roaches!
Flea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you beat me to it, temp! the site is up and im dling WoW too.

Yep... estimated 20h download but thats fine with me Very Happy
i am now extrememly happy.
Once you hit level ten and get talents, the game takes off.. im prolly playing on a PvP server.

undead rogue here i come!! im gonna give him a broken, limp jaw and some o them nasty pigtails =)
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dl speed is improving.. we need more peers from Ontario/canada.. c'mon people.. join the OPEN BETA
templest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bwahaha! I made my account this morning at 6:15! Twisted Evil Once I get home, my dl will have been completed, and I'll not be doing my homework for the next 19 days. Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol my dl was completed yesterday in 4 hrs time.. pfft and you brag about your connection
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well no, he might have left, and his download finished in 1 hour, and when he comes home, it STILL would have been done. Logic eh?
myob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, yet guild wars still own WoW.

http://www.guildwars.com

some of ex-blizzard employees made that game, they call it CORPG which stands for competitive online role-playing game. why do i prefer it? because it is like any other blizzard game (except WoW) where there is ABSOLUTELY NO MONTHLY FEE.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Well no, he might have left, and his download finished in 1 hour, and when he comes home, it STILL would have been done. Logic eh?
he had started download yesterday! even before me!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I'm not much of a gamer (at all, in fact), but I have to admit that the trailer sent me scurrying for a new pair of undies too. I may give this a shot for a few days, just out of curiousity. Problem, though-- does anybody know the probability that, if I download this, I'll be able to WINE it? =/
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

probability? P(of it WINEable) = 1/1000
templest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
Paul wrote:
he had started download yesterday! even before me!

Rogers has the tendency to kill the connection once the upload goes bezerk. The night I started the download, it only weant for ~20 minutes before it pooped-out. So basically, I left my box on all night for nothing. So I restarted the dl' yesterday morning. Wink
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: