Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Why it's a good thing that Bush won the election.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:46 pm   Post subject: Why it's a good thing that Bush won the election.

The fact is, that most of the people in this forum do not like Bush, and with good reason. Bush is an idiot. Don't believe me? Check this out: http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/

However, as one can infer from the title, I am actually quite happy that Bush won the election, and the proceeding explains why.

First off, the American economy is in shambles. Just ask yourself why our dollar is approaching $0.83US. Currently the United States are in an unsustainable financial situation. They are borrowing money from China, Canada, Japan and Europe, and using that money to foreignly produce goods. Today, Mr. Bush vowed to continue his war on Terrorism, already which is costing the country billions. And how is he going to pay for this? By cutting taxes for the rich.

Now, even an idiot can see that this is unsustainable, and quite obviously, the current system is going to collapse massively very soon. China, modelling itself off of the US economy, has already realized that it's economy is growing too fast, and has locked interest rates in order to slow the incline. Why? Google 'telco' and you'll quickly come to an understanding. Mr. Bush on the other hand, can't even spell 'economics.'

Now, why does this make me happy that Bush is in office again? The reason is simple: the United States is already past it's breaking point, and nothing that anyone can do will stop it. While Kerry would have hopefully stopped fueling the flame, he would not have been able to stop the collapse. In Bush's term, I promise you that there will be a collapse. If Kerry was in office, Americans, being stupid in general, would equate that with the current Presidant, and the democrats would be shot out again. This way, however, perhaps they will see the error in their ways, and then finally elect a real government.

Now, let us all pray for Bush's good health, and just imagine how much worse it would be under Cheney's rule.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Neo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Who will be the next superpower? Canada? Shocked Very Happy
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

After the United States, there won't be a super power, but multiple ones.

China and the EU will be the biggest of the bunch, I imagine. The US won't disappear altogether, it will just be forced to take a big step down.
templest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think not. The US will lose it's super-power status. Lots of countries don't like them, and what will happen when they all come to collect the debt? North Korea's army will pizw0nz t3h US'z Armie. Literally. I wouldn't be s urprised if they sell their nukes off for cash.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
I think not. The US will lose it's super-power status. Lots of countries don't like them, and what will happen when they all come to collect the debt? North Korea's army will pizw0nz t3h US'z Armie. Literally. I wouldn't be s urprised if they sell their nukes off for cash.

Ah, the fun of living in Soutern Ontario...
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Canada is going to feel the after effects of the decline, which is unfortunate. We are probably going to be dragged down with them (although not irreversibly).
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whoever holds nuclear arms.. holds power for now.. cuz people are scared of messing with them.. and yea to be a super power you need to take into account the wealth of the country.
Maverick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The average US citizen makes abour $60,000 cdn i think while the average Canadian makes about $35,000 cdn. Not sure about this but i do know they make alot more money then we do.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think we really need to worry about the us being nuked because anyone who would be considering that would know that their entire country would be turned into a smoking crater in 30 minutes.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"You can't hug your children with nuclear arms!"

The big problem in the US isn't the amount of money, but rather how that money is distributed. An economy will be much more stable if everyone makes $35,000 a year than if a few people make $10,000,000 a year and everyone else gets $10,000 a year, even if the average in the other country is higher.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea but now u got to think like all North Americans do... individualism.. it's all about me finally.. the world exists to keep me alive.. and ya.. i'll be generous.. i'll give out money for charity.. but only cuz it creates a good picture of me in society.. hey after all i'm the important guy around here... and if you dont agree.. not my problem.. pathetic fool.. you should be thinking about your self!... ur soo not cool.. try improving your status in society... then comment about other (which implies "me" once again)
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:
I don't think we really need to worry about the us being nuked because anyone who would be considering that would know that their entire country would be turned into a smoking crater in 30 minutes.

I said nothing about getting nuked. Nuclear war, quite frankly, is not going to happen anytime soon. People have been scared of it since Heroshima.

The US decline will not be due to war, but due to a failing economy. When they have no more money, they will be unable to buy anything from other countries, and then they will fall.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin, are you saying that you're glad Bush won, or are you just finding some good in it?
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nah, Canada will be fine:
http://www.frozenreality.co.uk/comic/bunny/index.php?id=59
templest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:

ROFL It's funny 'cuz it's true. Razz

Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: