Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 WINKEY Shorcuts help..
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:47 am   Post subject: WINKEY Shorcuts help..

Okay listen; I havent posted in here for a while and this question isnt really about Turing, but my friend has this problem where he pressed the WINKEY + 'U' and it brought up the Utility Manager; this messed up his PC and now he cant get it to change back to its original format. Can anybody help??. It would be greatly appreciated. Wink

Tony; you are the best one tith PC's; so maybe you acn help:D

~Flashkicks

(What the screen looks like is an aguly black background and all the windows are green and so on. Its yuck.. And once again i apologize for posting this in the Turing esction; i understand it has no significance to WINoOT but I did not kno where else top put it and I need your help so bad.. If this kid doesnt change it back to its original format then he is to be explelled.. So please just help me..)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How about GD? Even spam.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

huh? Confused

Utility just brings up stuff like Magnifier, Onscreen keyboard and Narrator... the accessability stuff..

Just go back to the same screen and turn them off..

Otherwise just format it. Yes... format is the answer to any software problem Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ur evil Laughing

(pff just buy a mac)
apomb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, flashkicks, y doesnt he just restart the computer, or push the same button combination again and change the colors... unplug the computer, it should reset.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
ur evil

no Surprised
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I thought winkey + u is shutdown, but nvm I see. Isn't it just magnifyer, onscreen keyboard and narrator??? only the magnifyer would change the screen on the top. and I like this dude better:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

according to SOME ppl, the devil should be left handed Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul - no Evil or Very Mad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

roffle
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea those one-word responses are funny
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

We have tried time and time again to unChange the settings and still it does nothing. Unless there is a lil check box that we just havent noticed yet- Ill look into it more but until then we're basically screwed.. And about formatting- i agree; it solves everything! But seeing how its our school computers that MIGHT just be adding to the problem..lmbo Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so that's what you tell your school
Quote:

Your computer is fucked, give me administrative rights to format it.. or have the system administrator try to do that, whatever. I have to go and not be around idiots now, bye Smile
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe- Tony; I think you might be on to something..lol.. Well- Im sorry if I wasted anyones tiome. Im going to keep trying to work on it cuz I dont want my friend gone. THanks for all the comments and helps and wutnot. Tony- Keep up the great work!!
~Flashkicks

PS: Yeah. Our Admin. is not really the smartest one with a computer- well I mean then again- I did see her Install WinZip... And she bought us optical mice..... But yeah- shes a genius!Very Happy Rolling Eyes Idea
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How do they know that it was your friend who screwed up the computer? Is it just his account that's messed up? If that's the case, why should they care? It's his problem and if they feel like helping him out, the will. Otherwise he screwed himself over, and I really doubt that's something bad enough to expell him over. Have they made any threats?
Flashkicks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sad thing is it IS that bad- they have made threats. They're werried that others may try it or something; man I dunno- its so stinkin pathetic.. But yeah- I still havent fixed it and it is only on HIS account- they shouldnt be werried but you know teachers; stupid.. Anyhoo- g2g. end of day! BYE!
~Flashkicks
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: