Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Why the _hell_ am I losing bits!?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: Why the _hell_ am I losing bits!?

I just realized, after using google to find old CompSci.ca posts, that when reading their cache, It shows (Actually pretty recently, when I had that blue banner with japanese text in it), that I had 888 bits, and I was a "NewBe Hacker". Now, my status is "Hacker", and I have a lot less bits. Confused Not that it's important, but still. I thought the bit count weant up not down. Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I may be wrong, but I double posted once on this site and i went down a few bits. So Im guessing if you spam(outside spam) you may lose bits. Either that or you used ur bits in the shop or donated bits
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ech, I assume you don't care either templest and you just want to find out why. For whatever reason, you can just save it in some invisible name effects . But meh, I haven't looked at my bits in a looooong time.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Why the _hell_ am I losing bits!?

templest wrote:
I just realized, after using google to find old CompSci.ca posts, that when reading their cache, It shows (Actually pretty recently, when I had that blue banner with japanese text in it), that I had 888 bits, and I was a "NewBe Hacker". Now, my status is "Hacker", and I have a lot less bits. Confused Not that it's important, but still. I thought the bit count weant up not down. Rolling Eyes

I looked at the logs and no mod or admin toke away your bits. The site dose take away bits if you delete posts tho.......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, shit.
Remember that little thing between you and mynameisbob in the thread about censoring homersexual? It could be that you lost bits for the posts I "cleaned" out. It seemed strange to me at first because you don't get bits for posts made in the spam section, but does it actually check where the deleted post is before taking bits away?
If this is the case, I can reimburse you the bits lost, and try to apologize for the mental damages caused by this horrific accident. (Just kidding, but I'm serious about the bits part).
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Oh, shit.
Remember that little thing between you and mynameisbob in the thread about censoring homersexual? It could be that you lost bits for the posts I "cleaned" out. It seemed strange to me at first because you don't get bits for posts made in the spam section, but does it actually check where the deleted post is before taking bits away?
If this is the case, I can reimburse you the bits lost, and try to apologize for the mental damages caused by this horrific accident. (Just kidding, but I'm serious about the bits part).

ummm, it only takes bits when the user deletes it not the mod....or at least thats how i think i made it work....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, it does. It takes bits like a mofo. With the permission of another user, I deleted one post made by said user in the spam section. -5 bits right there.

Oh dude... I think I'm gonna go delete all of my old posts... see if I can get negative bits!!!
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've only deleted two of my posts. That would be -10 bits. So where did the rest go? Probably the "cleansing" thing. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uramoddon'tbestupidyourbitswillpopbackto1000theonlythingu'llbedoingiserasingevidencethatuexistedhereohwaitnvmthere'sthelogsbutnowwewon'tbeabletoquoteuonurpastfoolishness*sigh*ohwaitnvmapparentlyucan;tdeleteurownpostsafteraperiodoftimeunlessuramodinthatsection/category
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest: That's my guess. Would you like the bits back?
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It doesn't matter. I was just curious as to why they where increasing in the opposite direction. Razz
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol i messed up the thread.. asdfkashdf.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How the why?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Yeah, it does. It takes bits like a mofo. With the permission of another user, I deleted one post made by said user in the spam section. -5 bits right there.

Oh dude... I think I'm gonna go delete all of my old posts... see if I can get negative bits!!!

Sory i was wrong abou that, but in the long run it is probly a good thing. I will be more carefull from now on when i delete poleops post for shure tho...
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What happens when I delete whole topics?

Oh wait, nvm. You don't get bits for spam.

What if Coutsos deletes whole topics?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: