Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Naoki Stop Bringing up old Topics
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:23 pm   Post subject: Naoki Stop Bringing up old Topics

Wuts the point of locking old topics if noone posts in them anyway.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

So all those ppl new to the site know about his Awsome Power! The ability - To Lock!

Who won that poll anyway?
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there was a poll? Confused probably Asok Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what poll ?? ?

and i agreee... old old psots should be locked.. lets say after 6 months no activity... ppl can pm if they have questions .. and /or pm the mod who locked to ask him to reopen if its called for..
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If I could make a suggestion:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Can we leave it at that now? I'd like to lock this topic, but for fear that you'll make another asking me to stop locking topics Wink
And locked topics are ugly to look at.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats not the problem, iots just he was bringing up 2 month old threads and locking them for no reason.
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm ... I actually might just start from the way back and delete topics until only like 8 pages remain.

This forum, unlike other sites, very rarely has old topics brought up. Still, I'll wait a bit and see if enough people object to this idea

Oh, and yes, I am sorry for bringing up old topics. I was supposed to lock them and then delete, but I keep forgetting to delete'em Embarassed
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

y lock and delete?.. just delete them
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix@Old topics... 'nuff said?(News) wrote:
ii dont agree. Confused

i believe it's fine to bring up an old post.. but so long as you do not reply to that post as if it was an active on going thread.

for example you may want to add in a suggestion not posted before to comment on the original author's works etc.. there really is no point in starting a new thread to do this simple task.. replying is fine, don't you think?

what i do believe is that the grammar and sentence structure should be given consideration.. as it is it is a post of the past. so using past tense in references or quotes would be a good idea. another thing is it would be pointless and useless to criticize/comment the original author on his works.. but this dosen't mean you can't criticize/comment his works. there's a difference and it is NOT subtle.

another thing, dont reply to converstions within that post that have headed in a tanget to the actual topic of post. that is redundant and foolish
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i agree with rizzix.. and i dont think ppl should flame ppl just cuz they bring up old posts.. the nxt time i see that happen -30 bits
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohh big man.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf does that mean?
naoki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
y lock and delete?.. just delete them

Well I want to give people some time to realize what I'm about to destroy in case they have any complaints or a mod feels like they want to unlock it again because the topic still has some use.

Mods can unlock, but mods can't un-delete. Y'dig?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: