Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GUI Chat Program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
beard0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:14 pm   Post subject: GUI Chat Program

This is a GUI chat program I made using the S. Enignine by Sean Hayward, with modifications by me.
There are still some slight bugs to be worked out, but it is quite serviceable. All that is required is that you have someone run the serve, to which others can connect. Any number of in stances of the server would be possible on the net. Each server acts as one room. I have two predifined users (user1 and user2 with paswords pass1, pass2) which can be changed by the perrson running the server in the users.ini file.

Once client is running and connected to a server, type /help to find out how to use the client.

Feel free to modify, and repost, but be sure to credit me with the program, and Sean Hayward and myself with the GUI.

My Chat Program.zip
 Description:
*UPDATED* Some new features now available.

Download
 Filename:  My Chat Program.zip
 Filesize:  705.32 KB
 Downloaded:  427 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mykep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:07 am   Post subject: OMG!

THIS IS PROBUBLY THE BEST PROGRAM I HAVE SEEN!
Buddy, I dont know how why or what influenced you to make this, but kudos man! I have to say, I am a pretty damn good Turing programmer, but this program just blew me away! it's fast, easy, the only thing I suggest is include a help file with a list of commands (if any) you can use.
mykep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:09 am   Post subject: PS...

OOPS! sorry, I didnt realise you DID include a help command... making this program FLAWLESS! lol
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oct 24th 2004 - Apr 14th 2005.

It makes little difference how good of an OOTer you are, this is still Necro posting. If you were that enthusiastic to complement beard0 for his good work, you could have simply PM'd him. Please read Front Page announcements in the future.
beard0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks mykep.

I've thought about trying to improve it, there are still some aspects that I dont quite like, but it is meaning a real revamp of the code. I may get around to finishing a v2, I may not.
beard0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Have finally gotten around to improving this a bit. New version in first post.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is a really well made program, it has a bunch of thing which are interestingly implemented. You have html log file creation, 'registry' type files (lastip.ini), http, and ftp linking, and some other nice things - great job!
beard0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Many thanks. I impoved on it with the idea of using it for my firat year of University (thus UniChat) to chat with home. Unfortunately, I can't run a server behind the university firewall, and home is on dial-up.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: