Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is clearscreen possible in Java? (Borland Jbuilder)
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
frenzy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: Is clearscreen possible in Java? (Borland Jbuilder)

^^^ title says it all...Im using borland software and i seem to have run into some problems...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Text-based user interface, or graphical?
frenzy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tex based
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry not possible
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You can do clear scn you just need to get in to holt software's version and write a clear scn method. Holt soft did so can you.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

y not just skip a couple of lines to clear the screen?
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya but u'd need to calcualate the number of visible rows in the terminal.. that cannot be done by java... yet.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o? im sure if u clear 50 lines it'll be enuff
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really?.. my linux terminal occupies the entire screen.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
really?.. my linux terminal occupies the entire screen.

Indeed. Even on Windows, you can edit the properties of CMD so that the Window is any height or width you want.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:
You can do clear scn you just need to get in to holt software's version and write a clear scn method. Holt soft did so can you.

If Holt soft did it, then it whould mean there is somting horbly wrong with the idea behind it and no other person or gourp on the face of the erath should ever try it for the total lack of good progaming practes it uses.

P.S. ya i am mad at holth right now Rolling Eyes
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed. You should either write a proper text-based user-interface, or a proper GUI interface.

The first interface lesson every programmer should learn: don't try to control something you can't, and respect tradition.

Tradition, for text-based user interfaces, is that you just output the text. Heck, I might want to go "back" and look at something that was output a few steps back. If you're trying to "clear the screen" by outputting a hellacious number of blank lines, I'm gonna have to scroll back aways, and depending on settings, I may not even have that info in my buffer anymore.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: