Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pretty slick flash picture
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:12 am   Post subject: Pretty slick flash picture

http://razghul.ice.org/misc/zoom/zoom.htm
It actually repeats after a little while, but I don't think that makes it any less impressive.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hm...nice...like running and not getting anywhere...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, pretty cool!

almost worth the time it took me to install shockwave player. Smile
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm...Firefox is not letting me install shockwave at all...It says install failed Confused This is just another reason to uninstall it. Its giving me so many problems. Downloads are stopping half way, some javascript stuff doesnt work....

Does anyone know where Firefox stores links to favorites? Time to go back to IE. Crying or Very sad
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How ridiculous. You could have at least said SOMETHING about the link. And after that you could've gone and made your own topic about how you can't get firefox working.
Flea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That was great! Really unique. When I was little I rarely got to ride in those 25c "cars" and "planes" in malls and shops. This one reminded me of one that i did actually go in. But nuff of that it was a relaly cool picture, the artist has somethin goin =)
templest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the _real_ question here is: "How?!"

Bob, wtf? So many people here, including myself, have never had _any_ issues with Firefox before. Did you ever stop to think that maybe it was you the one that was f ûcking up?
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
How ridiculous. You could have at least said SOMETHING about the link. And after that you could've gone and made your own topic about how you can't get firefox working.

You dont have to answer the question if it bothers you so much, and besides this is spam section, no?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

mynameisbob wrote:

You dont have to answer the question if it bothers you so much, and besides this is spam section, no?

There was no question to be bothered over. And if a question was posed that bothered you enough, post about the question, not about some irrelevant issue. Let me refresh your memory, nublette. This is the "Spam" section, not the "Off-Topic" section. Don't hijack threads.
I learn't that the hard way.
EDIT: Oh, you mean the question you asked about the Bookmarks? Hit the very pretty menu button on the top of the browser that says "Bookmarks", then "Quick Searches". **Ooooooooooh** - **Aaaaaaah**. Pretty cool, huh?
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

gj tempest, and fyi bob, just cuz its called spam. doesnt mean you're allowed to spam here
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
Hit the very pretty menu button on the top of the browser that says "Bookmarks", then "Quick Searches". **Ooooooooooh** - **Aaaaaaah**. Pretty cool, huh?

I mean where the files are actually stored. Like in IE they are in C:\Windows\Favorites.

Am I the first person ever to go off topic in the spam section? Actually it was kind of related to the thread because its about shockwave and how it didnt work for me...
templest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
C:\Documents and Settings\$user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.azd\bookmarks.html

Where "$user" is the name of the user that you use Firefox with.

To answer your second question: No, you're not. But lately, people here have been trying to really cut back on it. You see, if you do it under the pretext that "Everyone Does it", then it's never going to end. Someone has to do something different for once, so that change can come along.

And Anyways, no one answered _my_ question. How --the hell-- did they make that!?
josh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that was an amazing animation. What I want to know is:

1) how long did that take to make???
2) how did they get the paintbrush feel to the pics using flash. It didn't feel like I was looking at a flash animation.
4) how do ppl think of something like that???
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3) why don't I like the number 3?

It kinda looked like it "zoomed" for a certain time, then when it got to a certain part, it started with a new set of images.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I already mentioned that it repeats, but really, do you feel that it makes this any less cool? Razz

rhysticlight: maybe they didn't. Maybe it was all painted using a different program, and then edited and compiled and put into flash to make the thing.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: