Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My Monitor
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: My Monitor

K, my monitor just randomly turns off and back on again. Is there a reason for this? Is it time for a new monitor?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

are you sure that somebody is just not screwing around with you? Try using the computer while offline...

otherwise - what kind of a monitor do you have?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naw, it does it like every day. its a NEC.
templest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mine flickers a lot. I just turn it off and wait for it to kill all the static and when I turn it back on the problem's gone for a few days. Is your monitor on 24/7? If so, you might want to let it rest for a while; specially if it isn't all that new.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Make sure your legs or something arn't hitting a switch.... yeah, thats what happned to me once. My leg would hit the switch, but not really turn it off fully- it just got pressed enough to restart the comp Rolling Eyes
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
Mine flickers a lot. I just turn it off and wait for it to kill all the static and when I turn it back on the problem's gone for a few days. Is your monitor on 24/7? If so, you might want to let it rest for a while; specially if it isn't all that new.

Evil or Very Mad
I used to think that it was mostly Americans who were dumb enough to leave their computers and monitors on forever, regardless of whether they are using them or not. (no offence)
I ask you, "Why?" Surely, you don't use your computer 24/7, and even if you download things 24/7, you don't need your monitor on for that! I can think of no logical reason for leaving one's computer on constantly. All I can think of are the very severe and very real implications of a good portion of North America doing such things, especially in this age. People buy solar panels and wind turbines for a reason: to save electricity. It's so cruel to abolish the ideals of these people so thoughtlessly by neglecting to turn one's computer off.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: