Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Farenheit 9/11
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: Farenheit 9/11

Wow, I just watched Farenheit 9/11. What an amazing movie. But, if all that stuff about Bush is really true, why hasn't anyone done anything about it? Isn't there laws against that shit? Why aren't people rioting? What do you guys think? Is all that stuff true or has Michael Moore made his own story?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Some of it's true buut Moore is a huge BS'er as well
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's the thing. He dosen't BS. He just says it in a way that will make you think something else rather than what the truth said out biasless would make you think.

Eitherway, didn't we already have about a 30952 page long thread about this movie a while back?
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I liked it, but people who aren't informed enough to know the difference will get misconceptions from it, like when he listed "the coalition of the willing" with a bunch of tiny countries, and he 'forgot' to add Britain
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya, thats true. I just wanna know if all the stuff with bush's company is true.
templest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MyPistolsIn3D wrote:
Ya, thats true. I just wanna know if all the stuff with bush's company is true.

It all is true. No lies. Even the Bush administration concurs with Michael Moore that everything in his movie are true. The way he gives out the information, and the selected information, though, is extreamly biased.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The thing about the movie is that it was designed to get the less intelligent swing voters to not vote for Kerry.

Michael Moore wants Bush out of office, it's as simple as that. For most smart people, a movie won't change their mind. For the weaker minded, and the more impressionable, it works.

There is enough on Bush to fill the movie with unbiased facts, and still make Bush look like a retard. But doing that would require Moore to make a much less 'run and gun' movie, which a lot of people wouldn't understand.

If you want some nice dirt on Bush, click the link in my signature.
Pickles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

He makes me angry, for instance in Bowling for Columbine, after he talks about some little kid who shot some other little kid, and the mother worked at Dick Clarks Diner. So he goes to talk to Dick Clark.. that angered me, just cause its dick clark's diner he has to go bother him. Seemed rather stupid to me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Pickles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

CAn't even say D ick Clark.. what a shame
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What the hell is this doing in the GD? moved -.-
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I heard that he doctored one of the magazine covers in the movie and the publisher is going to court over it. Shocked That would sure put a dent in his credibility, eh?
templest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
I heard that he doctored one of the magazine covers in the movie and the publisher is going to court over it. Shocked That would sure put a dent in his credibility, eh?

Goddamnit people, Everything is true. Everything he says is true, no lies. His wording and bias makes people think something that told objectively would not make them think. Stop calling him a liar, making fun of his weight, and pos, ect, ect. He doesn't lie. He just says thing cleverly. Even the goddamn Bush administration says every thing he says is real. If it wasn't, don't you think they'd have sued him for defamation of character, and all that other crap they could fcuk him over with? Why haven't they touched him over his movies? Because there's nothing to say against him about them.
Brightguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Farenheit 9/11

The movie is great if you like conspiracy theories, but if you want the truth, then don't even bother watching this movie. The movie is filled with misrepresentations, bending of the truth, and yes, even some flat-out lies.

There actually was a doctored news article. One of the news articles shown titled "Latest Florida recount shows Gore won election" was shown as appearing in The Pantagraph on Dec 19, 2001, as you can see in this picture. In fact that article never appeared in the Dec 19 edition of The Pantagraph. It was actually a letter to the editor that appeared on Dec 5, 2001, as you can see in this picture. Moore blew up the headline to make it look like an actual news article.

If you want more info on this movie, check out Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 9/11. It goes into great detail about the deceptions, and there's also a four-page summary of them all.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i just watched farenheit 9/11 last week...

nto bad... my dad got uneasy and didn;lt want to watch it anymore half way thru.. cuz he was in the army and he was disturbed at what bush was doing with troops..

i found it kinda funny how on this politcal debate on tv a cboule weeks ago.. i heard kerry as bush ' is it true that u once said 'i dont know wehre bin laden is, and hes not much of a concern to me'' and bush said NO.. and yet as i watched 9/11 .. bush did say tat on VIDEO!... liar!!!@!@#!@

anyways... i relaly hope bush dont win this time..
Genesis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
anyways... i relaly hope bush dont win this time..

Sadly, I think he will.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: