Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 whos doing DWITE?
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there's a dwite contest tomorrow... goodluck to everyone writing Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i never got any reply from mr sentjens after i sent him my problems. so i am supposing they wont show up tomorrow
zylum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good! lol, i dont want anything crazy on it Wink
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

okay, he put one of the two questions i sent him. its Q3
Viper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what is DWITE ??
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

www.dwite.org
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

DAMN YOU bugz! I didn't know enough math to do the number 3 by you! Stupid factoring. We did number 1, 2, and 5 though, I almost finished 4... and somehow my 1 got a 0, although it worked perfectly, according to the output specifications...

but that simon guy though, from KCI ... the guy works alone and finishes all of them perfectly in 20 minutes -_-
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that was ghey... im never donig dwite again unless they let me install java Confused

string manip in turing is so damn ghey omg! and for some reason they only accepted my solutions for 1 and 2 but not 4 and 5.. not even an error message!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

zylum wrote:
that was ghey... im never donig dwite again unless they let me install java Confused

string manip in turing is so damn ghey omg! and for some reason they only accepted my solutions for 1 and 2 but not 4 and 5.. not even an error message!

You go to the online judge for errors
my 1 worked, didn't accept, 2 timed out :S stupid ... and 3... I had a clever idea for 4, didn't get done though... and 5 worked, for some weird reason.
and yes, string manipulation is ... damned stupid, in turing.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o haha nice bugz.. its not too bad tho... just use the factor theorum and ur set
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge, you were supposed to participate and be the fastest one to get it!! factor theorem is not enough... you need synethetic division to get the multiple roots, or you can take derivatives to get those multiple roots
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

of course, you also need to worry about x=0 as a root and then apply rational roots theorem. i havent seen the test cases so i am not sure any of those applies. Mr Sentjens make the test cases so Simon might have sneaked past this question without doing some of this.
evogre3n

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wrote the competition, and I totally agree about the string manip, we got stuck because of it Sad (we, as in my team) and that guy from KCI, freaking machine im guessing Razz 20min and solves all problems... crazy.

My team did pretty well, and im not even learning turing yet, (take it for first time next semester (gr. 9) i just picked it up myself with help from friends.

Anyway, it was fun, and congrats to those who did well!
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nah... not my problem in twenty minutes Smile
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

he submitted his last solution an hour and 52 minutes after the contest started Wink
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 5  [ 69 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: