Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Signature size.
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Craige

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:52 pm   Post subject: Signature size.

Would it be considerable to increase the signature size for CompSciCa? As is, I can't even edit my profile because my current signature is too long for the new system, and I would have still liked to put in an image. I mean, my signature isn't that long really. It's just the BB links that take up characters.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:00 am   Post subject: Re: Signature size.

I am working on a way to count the sig size affter bbcode, however in the mean time i will increases the size for sigs. I will put it on my list of things to do witch is quite long right now.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Craige

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Signature size.

Okay. I was going to suggest a counting mechanism that factored in BB code, but figured there wasn't much use suggesting it. If you wanted such a feature, you would think of it (which obviously, you did).
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Signature size.

Your signature seems quite long as it is. I am thankful signatures are finally limited in v3.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Signature size.

sigs were limited in v2, to 250 characters, which I honestly think was a suitable length. just as long as you don't go crazy with the size, font and color..
Craige

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:27 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Signature size.

rdrake @ Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:36 pm wrote:
Your signature seems quite long as it is. I am thankful signatures are finally limited in v3.

My signature has many characters, yes, however the information contained in it is minimal, which is what you should be looking at. I have 2 links, and a small piece of text. In addition to that, I would like to add an image. This all requires many characters, but does not contain much.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Signature size.

Pfft, rdrake is just too minimalistic. Smile

I ran into this limitation too, but it's not that big of a deal... Tinyurl helps in some cases, too.
Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Signature size.

tinyurl wasn't working for me in v2, so we'll have to see in v3...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 am   Post subject: RE:Signature size.

Haha, I use illigal HTML markup in my signature!
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Clayton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:23 am   Post subject: Re: Signature size.

Haha, you're also an admin. Razz
Craige

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Signature size.

So has the sig size been increased yet? I went to update the other day, and it s till wasn't larger. No hurry, just curious.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:48 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Signature size.

Craige @ 13th January 2007, 2:55 pm wrote:
So has the sig size been increased yet? I went to update the other day, and it s till wasn't larger. No hurry, just curious.

There is some debate if it should be increased or not now. Tho for thos who do not like sigs you can turn off seeing them in your profile....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: