Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Microchip under your skin?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:05 am   Post subject: Microchip under your skin?

starfoxtj wrote:
As I mentioned in the google desktop post, things are starting to get scary and out of hand.

We are soon going to be ants under a microscope of some "higher" entity (ie, a corporation or the government):
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3742684.stm

well, well... this is fairly not new but -- wow.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The Neanderthal Parallax by Robert Sawyer was about this kind of stuff. It's a neat idea, but the people in power are far too stupid and the end users are far too concerned.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, great books. The companion idea might be a good one though. Although the neanderthal culture depicted in the book has had its gene pool cleansed, don't think it'll work for us either way. Plus the whole man-mate thing creeps me out.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's a life where people are no longer worried about what society thinks of them, because they know that society doesn't judge.

Your statement is just the product of a society that looks down on homosexuality.
templest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
It's a life where people are no longer worried about what society thinks of them, because they know that society doesn't judge.

Your statement is just the product of a society that looks down on ****sexuality.

Kinda like that whole, "If you where a girl, would you like men?", or vice-versa, thing. Honestly, I probably would. I was taught from a very early age that boys like girls, and girls like boys. Hence, why I instinctively like females. Had I been born a female, I'd be raised to like men.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: