Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Space Conquest (Turn Based Strategy)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: Space Conquest (Turn Based Strategy)

Hey guys, here's my grade 11 final project submission. Actually it's a slightly older version, because I lost the final .t file when I reformatted my hard drive. It's about 10,000 lines long. Some of the code is repetitive, but the AI took a lot, and it was also my first year of programming, so cut me a bit of slack. It's in a .rar file.. you can open it with winrar, just do a search for that on google. It is vital you unzip (or unrar) it to the directory C:\SpaceConquest\. Check it out, sorry the GUI is sorta messed up, but I can't help that. Also, unfortunately I used multiple windows (I didn't realize the consequences of this when I started) so you should have your resolution at least at 1024X768. Sorry for all the inconviniences... but still.

Oh, and by the way someone wrote pong for there final project and they won the CompSci award, our teacher is a math teacher, not a programming teacher. I tought half that class... so here's a big FVCK YOU to the teacher, school, and 455hole who got the award.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You didnt upload your game Rolling Eyes .
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

am i missing something here where's the friggen program
chunginator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok man u wrote this huge message and u havent posted the stupid thing
cmon man
poly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

chunginator, it probably is an honest mistake, i dont see a reason to be calling anything stupid...
Neo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It cant be that good if pong beat it... Laughing Im just kidding. It actually sounds intersting and I would like to see it.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As it seems he doesnt want to post it...ill give you guys a look at a project I made a couple years ago when I was doing Turing.
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=5818
Its a basic 'looking' start to an RTS game. Worth checking out, Smile
BPhelmet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it is pretty hard to understand
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:32 am   Post subject: I'm Back...

OK... here it is guys FINALLY lol. Um, I dunno what happened, I could swear I uploaded the zip at the end of the year... but in the zip i'll have my game with a directory called pong which will include the game (PONG) that beat mine. I am really pissed about this (still.. yea I konw I shouldnt' hold grudges, but I worked my ass off on this). I know it's not the greatest, but it is turing... I mean I had Tony help me reprogram the fucking languague.... so I don't see how I can improve it much more...

Now as I think I said my computer got fried so I havne't been online in a while, and I lost all my files, so this is actually a backup missing about 1,000 lines (not sure on that number it's been a while) but basically the problem with it is that you can do things before having the prerequisite. Ex. you can build ships without a shipyard... now my submission did have that fixed, but I don't have the code anymore Sad... my teacher has it somewhere unless he threw it out.

OK, after all that I got an error.. so somebody tell me whats going on? It's a zip file that is 4.40 MB.. maybe too big? I dunno anyways.. Dan or Tony or somebody let me know whats up?

Now if anyone is going to play this, let me warn you
A) It takes a long time and
B) The AI is VERY Hard.... in fact it is so hard that I am offering a reward (50 bits? I don't have many lol) to anyone who beats it on "Devon" difficulty without changing any code...

So one last thing, because turing is a bitch with directories, I couldnt' find anything equivalent to the App.Path that I use in visual basic... so I hard coded it to C:\\SpaceConquest\\. There are multiple exes for different drives... ex SpaceConquest(C) is run from the C drive SpaceConquest(D) is run from the D drive... you get it... and while i'm at it I may as well mention I didn't have time to encrypt the save files, so no cheating that way either lol.

I guess i'll make a new post of this as well just to make sure you all read it lol... I know, i'm an ass. And i'm just beginning to learn C++ (like a couple days ago) hopefully it will be all that and then some like i'm assuming, seems how it is market standard... but my artistic ability <= 0... so I dunno how it'll work out, but if you guys have any warning or suggestions or heads up or whatever i'd appreciate... but this last part is probably in the wrong forum too... damn lol

And yea... please give me some feed back on this.

So after all that I got an error, i've included a screeny of it... maybe the file is too big? (4.41 MB) I dunno but somebody get back to me... Dan, Tony whoever.. somebody? lol thanx (biohazardouswaste@hotmail.com)

error.bmp
 Description:
OK... here's a screeny of the error somebody get back to me
 Filesize:  469.8 KB
 Viewed:  3353 Time(s)

error.bmp

gandalf11111

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would really like to try this, and take a look at the code. Please someone fix this problem Exclamation

If you have anywhere to put it, upload it somewhere (ftp, ur site, some hosting site?).
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You have a 2.0mb storage capacity. Either ask an admin to increase your capactity so you can upload it, or host it somewhere else and gives us the link.
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

rofl... working on it guys, i just moved so i don't have the net ATM... but i'm getting it later this week, so i'll put it somewhere else then and post the URL
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: