Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Google Desktop?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: Google Desktop?

Google Desktop
I think its the first worthless thing I have seen made by GOOGLE, umm well it kinda seems worthless Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Agreed, I dont like to cluter up my desktop with programs, or clutter up my taskbar.
not going to use it
josh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

me neither. I don't usually have problems finding my files and the odd time I do the search built into windows works fine for me Very Happy
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

At least it won't be too much of a slowdown for the people dumb enough to install it. It'll fit in nicely crunched between their BonsaiBuddy and SmileyCentral bars.

Google is in for some trouble if they keep spreading out as quickly as they are.
josh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

other than the google search IMO the only tool they have churned out so dar that is really usefull and good is the google toolbar (aswome popp blocker for IE) and GMAIL which is superior to hotmial and yahoo in every way possible.

Even M$ is worried about google, I think just recently they upgraded hotmail free storage to 250 MB.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope.. didnt happen yet
josh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my friends acount says he is using 2% of his 250MB
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

.... mine doesnt...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rhysticlight wrote:
my friends acount says he is using 2% of his 250MB

A firend of mine also got 250mb from hotmail for no reason on one acount but not there other one.....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
josh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe they are updating them as they set up the storage.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've got 250mb on my hotmail account. Seems to be a pretty stupid move on their behalf. Why try to compete with gmail and the other free gig email services by giving (some of ) us a simple 250mb? And if they give somebody 250mb inbox space free, what else is there to inspire one to subscribe to their premium services? Improved spam filter? I'll bet it still wouldn't let you block messages from hotmail staff.
josh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually hotmails spam filter was one of the main reasons that I left hotmail for gmail other than the expended storage. It rarely caught real spam messages and almost always put messages from my friends into the junkmail folder een after I told it not to.

Gmail on the other hand has an amazing spam filter. Never gotten one piece of spam in my inbox and every legitimate message gets through o.k.

In aditin Gmails UI is alot simpler and easier to use than hotmails also and i like how it treats messages as conversations back and forth.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
I've got 250mb on my hotmail account. Seems to be a pretty stupid move on their behalf. Why try to compete with gmail and the other free gig email services by giving (some of ) us a simple 250mb? And if they give somebody 250mb inbox space free, what else is there to inspire one to subscribe to their premium services? Improved spam filter? I'll bet it still wouldn't let you block messages from hotmail staff.

All my hotmail accoutns are 250 MB, i just checked and they are 10% full how the hell????? Rolling Eyes

i also got a 2GB account Laughing
Maverick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have 2 hotmail accounts, the one account ive had for 4+ years and has 250 mb the account ive had for about a year and its only 2 mb so maybe the accounts that have been around longer have the better storage
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That is what they are doing.

The CPanel spamfilter is pretty awesome. Only once or twice a month a spam email gets through, and I think ours is messed up a bit.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: