Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Software Piracy
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Genesis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What's wrong with the spell check? It's the exact same as word.

For everything else, go to Tools > Options and you can play around with whatever settings you want. There is Canadian English, change it under the language tree in the Options menu.

You can turn off auto complete words through that menu.

To insert page numbers, or anything else, into the header, go to Insert > Fields > Page Number.

Make sure that the Main toolbar is on by right clicking on the Top toolbar, with the font list and stuff in it. And checking main toolbar.

In that bar you should see a spellcheck button that you can activate that will underline mispelled words for you. (If that's what you're having problems with.)

Anything else you can't get to work, just post. I'm sure I can help. OpenOffice can do everything Word can, and more, so don't worry.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk thanx, I changed it to Canadian english when I first got it but if u look, it doesn't have an option to turn of spellcheck for that language.

Maybe I was just spelling particularly bad today so thats why the spellc ehcck wan't working for me (I was trying to write a script for drama)

Thanx for the help thought, I will definantly try playing with it a little.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont understand how you can complain about ope source software, it was developed profit free and is available ot anyone who wishes to use it ,if you want to fix the program then go edit the source code and re release it as a new office ( perfectly fine under GNU ) but know taht open office is a stripped version of star office ( the one they do charge money for ) i so happen to have 13000 licences for it thati cant use as marting said in hte EULA on download ( or whatever ) those licenses are non transferable so my get rich quick scheme didnt work....

so for a much better and much beefier version Staroffice is what you need its a measly 79.99 to the 300 of microsoft office.... and you get 5 licenses with one purchace , which beats microsofts 1 : 1

So there is my rant , have a good one Very Happy
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I appologize shorthair, Iddin't mean to compain about open source, (besides I am to n00b to be able to edit it) I was just saying the features so far I was having trouble with and I wanted to know how to fix them,

I am sorry if it seemed like I was badmouthing it, but trust me, nothing would please me more than to get eh M$ crud off of my PC 9and ave about 200MB on my HD).
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My apologies for it being so harsh , didnt realize it while typing it, jsut trying to get a point across ,

You can see my standpoint , people make this for us to enjoy freely... Im glad there is a service like this even wit hsome waterdown or incomplete features

thakn you for understanding so well though

have a good night Folks
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
You can see my standpoint , people make this for us to enjoy freely... Im glad there is a service like this even wit hsome waterdown or incomplete features

I will second that, open source is the best!!!!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: