Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hack into A Tech TV Computer Challenge
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: Hack into A Tech TV Computer Challenge

I don't know if n e 1 here watches the G4 techtv show the screen savers but on the epidsode that aired tonight they challenged anyopne that could to hack into a computer they had set up that was running windows XP PRo SP2. You have to leave some kind of mark on the desktop of the PC such as a file with your contact info in it. THe fisrt person to hack in will be given an invitation to appear on the show but u have to get to California yourself.

The IP of the machine is: 68.65.212.211

Here is the link to theri site describing the challenge.

http://www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/features/49952/The_Screen_Savers_Hack_Our_Box_Challenge.html

I thought maybe we could all work togther on this and try and learn something.

rhysticlight
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so they whont you to hack in to G4 the nextwrok that has pissed off 100s of tech poleop and then leave your contact info for them so they can find you? Eh

This soulds like such a set up that i do not whont to touch it with a 100 foot poll.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think u just need to leavesomething so they know it was you, Like a phrase in a file and they u contatct them, I dunno, I don't think it is a scam but w/e

EDIT: I am not sure if the PC is on their internal network, probobly not.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hostly i whould not trust G4 for a second, i do not see why u still wtach that show now. It used to be gr8 but now it is an insualt to the tech world.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I actually never got the chance to see it when Techtv wasn't part of G4 so I don't know how it used ot be. I will admit that the reruns that i have seen were much better than n e of the new episodes. Every other line in the new ones seems to be about downloading files.

well I thought i would post it.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

See the thing is there where not "lines" in the old one. It was live and unscripted. Now it is like some MTV reject show.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

visual aid #1
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
josh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thats is a good comic Very Happy

I guess u guys were right, it all does seem very scripted and corny on the new shows. and n e guest ppl they get on are pretty lame. I think that it is still live though.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, that comic was funny

I also wouldn't hack there computer, don't no why. I just wouldn't, and I agree the show isn't what it used to be. I don't remeber seeing any dark tips yet (if there was, they probley were'nt good or else I would have remembered them). The guest aren't cool, there just a bunch of people who did something thats kinda important or just made something (example, the guys who made some show for the cartoon network, and the people for the rock the vote). I still watch it, but I dont enjoy watching it as much as I used too.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Probably due to the fact that nobody here knows how to Wink
josh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

that is also a posibility Exclamation
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Let's work together and try to figure this out. Here's a starting point: http://centralops.net/co/
josh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk, no one has managed to do it yet
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

Any one that whould know how to do it or go about doing it whould 1. probly not do it b/c in the end it is helping a big media network, 2. no longer wtachs techtv due to g4 taking the teck part out, 3. whould know that since the merger techtv is no longer an unbiased netwrok and basily is payed by M$ and other big comapys to show only there products and there games and 4. it whould be helping M$ in the long run b/c they whould obverly be watching what you do and whould show M$ how to fix there crapy OS slighty.

If you realy whonted to geting in shit from M$ and helping the evil G4 the way to go about it whould be looking in to windows expolites that all ready exits (tho most of witch will have been fixed in SP2 hopfuly) and then seeing if there is anthore way of doing the same idea. I whould constraite on the windows shares and the windows netwroking. Uhsely thess are the week points of windows, eplsetaly when there is no admin password. The problem being tho that if that new firewall of windows is working and there is a admin password and not just the defat password that i could be blocking off all the ports. To get around that whould be even more difucalt. Also if this thing is behind a hardware firewall that is made and set up right it makes it even harder.
josh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well the contests is over. They say no one managed to hack into the box, but ppl did manage to screw aroudn with theri ISP so the ISP forced them to stop the challenge.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: