Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Another Reason Why I Hate M$
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:50 pm   Post subject: Another Reason Why I Hate M$

code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
        float f;
        scanf("%f", &f);
        printf("M$ VC sucks\n");
        return 0;
}

You whould think the type float and %f in the scanf whould give it away, but noooooooo.

P.S. Yes i do know that probly no one will understand what i am talking about here but i am mad so screw the explation for now.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ehm... u forgot the ';'? oh heh.. compiler errors suck Razz .. yep most c++ compiler are so terrible.. but gnu does a acceptable-but-not-so-satisfactory job

borland and digital mars do a better job Razz

wait... microsoft 'cl.exe' does a good job too damn.. wths ur point.. u hate m$ cuz gnu sucks? heh funny.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That was just in this code exmaple b/c i was typing so fast try to complie it with the ; in M$ VC then in gcc....

By the way i am editing my post to put that in b/c it was not the point Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Works fine with GCC 3.2.3 here. Compiles and functions perfectly.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:

Yep, but to my superse when they where marking my assments in VC it dose not.

VC dose not load the floating lib b/c it dose not consider there to be any floating point useage there and crashs when an float is inputed. I, hating M$, did not use VC to do my assments and rather used unix shell with pico and gcc, so i had no errors. So i whonted to test for protbaility so i complied it for windows but not using VC and it worked fine but of corse the dum T.A. had to use VC++ compiler to try and run it.

What pissed me off more is that they side i should have used cout insted of scanf to fix it when it is a corse spficely in C and not C++. I mean that coment did not even make sceen, if anything to fix it i should have just divied somting to force the dum complier to load the floating point lib...
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
wtd wrote:

Yep, but to my superse when they where marking my assments in VC it dose not.

VC dose not load the floating lib b/c it dose not consider there to be any floating point useage there and crashs when an float is inputed. I, hating M$, did not use VC to do my assments and rather used unix shell with pico and gcc, so i had no errors. So i whonted to test for protbaility so i complied it for windows but not using VC and it worked fine but of corse the dum T.A. had to use VC++ compiler to try and run it.

What pissed me off more is that they side i should have used cout insted of scanf to fix it when it is a corse spficely in C and not C++. I mean that coment did not even make sceen, if anything to fix it i should have just divied somting to force the dum complier to load the floating point lib...

If you write and hand in valid standard C or C++ programs, you should raise hell if they aren't accepted. If you can get your hands on a decent C compiler, there's nothing stopping your teachers from doing the same.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

old topic i know.. but i might as well suggest dan.. use cl.exe from the command prompt.. works prefectly.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
old topic i know.. but i might as well suggest dan.. use cl.exe from the command prompt.. works prefectly.

I do not use windows.....any how a fallow up to this, i conviced my prof to give me the marks back since it realy was VC++'s falut and i was compling to the C standereds.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: