Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Superman
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk, genesis, now that I see what u r saying I completly agree with u Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A hero is just an ordinary man put into an extraordinary situation.

Maddox writes about satire, it is meant to be funny. Maddox doesn't believe what he says about that, he even said it himself. That article is a joke about how society doesn't care unless something happens to them, with Christopher Reeve being a representation of society.

He had enough money that he didn't have to do this, he could have lived his life stress free and happily (well, minus the being paralyzed bit). But instead he chose to devote his life to this cause, which makes him a hero.

And whoever moved this to spam is a jerk.
josh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

I'll second that
templest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

Maddox writes about satire, it is meant to be funny. Maddox doesn't believe what he says about that, he even said it himself. That article is a joke about how society doesn't care unless something happens to them, with Christopher Reeve being a representation of society.

So do I. You see, I mentioned we are all jerks as well. I bet no one here gives a crap about some wierd obscure desease out there that no one cares about. And you never will unless you got it yourself. That's what I'm saying.

My point? The man shouldn't be regarded as anything special. People do what he did all the time, the only difference is that he was famous.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's not that he was famous. It was the magnitude of what he did that makes him special.

http://www.apacure.com/cr_gt.html

Famous or not, that is an amazing accomplishment.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

I completely agree with this article. Reeves is dead sure its sad but its no more sad then when some non famous person dies. Reeves never did anything extraordinary in his life. He started a foundation to cure himself, only thinking about himself.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
templest wrote:
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

I completely agree with this article. Reeves is dead sure its sad but its no more sad then when some non famous person dies. Reeves never did anything extraordinary in his life. He started a foundation to cure himself, only thinking about himself.

Yeah, but im saying atleast have some respect that SOMEONE IS DEAD! <- yeah, doesn't matter if that person was famous or not.
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick Said
Quote:

only thinking about himself.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY THAT

You nor i know anything about this mans life , just what we are told by hte mdia , who are you to tell the world he " DId it for himself and no one else " That is a terrible Judgement to make

I Have no regard for aperson taht Dismisses Someone like that , There was no need for a Comment Like that
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shorthair, this entire thread is based on the personal opinions and comments of people that respected and admired the man's work, aswell as those that didn't find him being anything special. What he commented was his own personal views, and I see what he said as being just as appropriate as someone saying how much they loved the man. If people only spake when there was something nice to say, women would still not have the vote. What I'm saying is, let him speak his mind without worrying about some pizza-face stepping all over his ideals. He's not offending anyone with his post. If you are offended by it, it's your choice.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wouldn't you need to base your Opinion on something? Rather then just assuming Rolling Eyes
templest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Wouldn't you need to base your Opinion on something? Rather then just assuming Rolling Eyes

Opinions are opinions, just that. Not assumptions or facts. And if it makes you any happier, he's come to his conclusions by means of observation, not study.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've been noticing shorthair's typing deteriorate lol Wink
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A bunch of fucking savages on this board
templest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
A bunch of ****ing savages on this board

I like to refer to myself as a: 'Desensitizingly Sarcastic Argumentor', instead. It sounds a lot less drastic.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, I get your sarcasm templest. Unfortunately, I also get the feeling that others on this board don't.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 30 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: