Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Superman
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:12 pm   Post subject: Superman

Christopher Reeve
Sept. 25, 1952 - Oct. 10, 2004
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Image Source: http://www.yousephtanha.com/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.apacure.com/

Christopher Reeve was a hero, both on the screen and in real life.

He passed away yesterday, age 52, of heart failure.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why did you post this in the GD forum?
he died? wow, damm. I thought he recovered from that heart problems of his.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I figure that it was important enough to warrent a post in General Discussion.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve
poly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I kinda agree with that Maddox article...Like a lot of people dont become aware and get active in something inless they have it happen to them. but at the same time we cant speak and say that because just think...what are we doing? Like tomorrow if I had a disease like cancer I would probably get involved in it because i was diagnosed with it etc...anywho enough of my crap rant

Goodbye Superman, let you lay in Peace!
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alteast they care later on.... you guys don't care either way do you? Evil or Very Mad
What kinda stupid article is that... im not a fan or anything of this guy, but seriously people, they guy is dead have some respect.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Alteast they care later on.... you guys don't care either way do you? Evil or Very Mad
What kinda stupid article is that... im not a fan or anything of this guy, but seriously people, they guy is dead have some respect.

The man died. Why should that change anything!? What holy title did this man earn in death!? A person should be regarded in death the same way they were in life! You can sit there and tell me why I should respect someone, but death is no reason to do so! Death doesn't change who you were in life! Respect for the dead is bs! Respect for those deserving is right! He didn't deserve all the praise and media matsurbation he recieved for doing something that any of us put in his situation, with a safe packed with money, would do.

You're right, I wouldn't care about all the deseases in the world out there unless it happened to me. And you know what? When's the last time you donated to the "Canadian Diabetes Association"? Yeah...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I completely disagree with that statement. I don't have cancer yet I still donate every year to a cancer foundation. I may not donate as much as Mr. Reeve did but the important thing is that many people do try and help in little ways and I have immense respect for him that he contributed to a cuase like that in such a huge way.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rhysticlight wrote:
I don't have cancer yet I still donate every year to a cancer foundation.

Then you are someone that does deserve admiration.
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If that was sarcastic than u missed my point entierly. I am just trying to point out that most people (even in my skool were they are mostly japs and a-holes) ppl still donate money for causes like that.

I am on the student council at skool and we managed to sell over 150 of those yellow bracelets for tha lance armstrong foundation (another respectable person)

EDIT: and whats with the link in your sig??? why put that kinda of racist s*** on this site???
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:

Nope, don't care at all. Life goes on, ppl have their own problems, I conform, the money could be better spent elsewhere, perhaps something of personal benefit.
Genesis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rhysticlight wrote:
I am on the student council at skool and we managed to sell over 150 of those yellow bracelets for tha lance armstrong foundation (another respectable person)

Now Lance Armstrong is my idea of a role model. (More so than Christopher Reeves.) It takes quite a bit of determination and a pretty positive attitude to recover from cancer and win the Tour De France 6 times in a row.
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I don't think u can call him n e less of a role model in that respect because the conditon he was fighiting aginst made very difficult or immposible to do something like win the tour de france ( or something of that claiber). The things he did don't get as much recognition so maybe he is not as well known but I don't think that makes him any less of a role model.
Genesis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just think that Lance makes a better role model. Only because he acheived a thousand times more than anyone ever expected him too. His attitude and lifestyle are great, and he's a professional athlete, and the best in his sport, which makes it easier for people to idolize him.

Christopher Reeves did great stuff, but it's kinda difficult to say "I wanna be like him." because he's in a wheel chair, and who wants to be in a wheel chair. So it would be good to emulate his attitude, but not other aspects of his life. Lance on the other hand is probably the fittest, healthiest person I've ever seen, so to say "I wanna be like him." can provide someone with aspects to live up to in all areas.

(I have nothing against Christopher Reeves, he was a great guy, I'm just a bigger fan of Lance Armstrong)
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 30 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: