Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 A Different take on Fight Club.
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:16 pm   Post subject: A Different take on Fight Club.

I found this text on the internet. It's awsome. I read the first chapter and it sounds awsome. I'll eventually get around to reading the whole thing. Good stuff though:

*Link Removed*
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good lord! almost 50,000 words!

I don't think I have time to read this.. Though the beginning is pretty neat, what with the howto's for making silencers and explosives and what not. I wonder how true it is. is it? Thinking
templest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah, I should clear something up. The movie was based off of this text. So if you really want to understand the movie, you have to read this.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wha wha wha?! then what is this text? Is it a published book? Or is it just a story somebody wrote a long time ago?
templest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
wha wha wha?! then what is this text? Is it a published book? Or is it just a story somebody wrote a long time ago?

The latter. If it was copyrighted, I would have said: "You have to buy this book, it's awsome! <Amazon Link Here>".

Apperantly I posted it too soon. It is a copyrighted work and, well, here is the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0805062971/103-9572419-5620656?v=glance

If you're clever enough, I bet a really quick google would find it. But, I don't expect you to do so. Isn't it legal in Canada to publish =< 10% of a copyrighted work without having to ask for the author's permission, so long as it's for non-commercial purposes? If so, I might be able to pull off posting the first chapter.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, it's a real book. He also has some amazing other books. And the movie was based on the book, not the other way around.

I personally liked the book much more than the movie, and I liked the movie a lot.

He (Chuck Polsomethingorother) wrote a really good book called survivor. Check it out. Weirder than fight club.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: