Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Eclipse auto indent?
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RobinK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: Eclipse auto indent?

Is there an auto indent in elipse? I can't seem to find one and clicking every line and pressing tab is getting difficult with longer programs.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i don't remember... I know that SciTE autoindents

it ofcourse doesn't have capabilities of eclipse, but it's becoming my favourite source editor for most of programming languages
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is it realy that hard to fromat your code your self? I use the unix shell with pico (a shell text editor) as my editor for most of my C and C++ code Rolling Eyes

I whould like to see u get that to crash....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea its possible to auto indent in eclipse.. i forgot the shortcut.. (haven't been doing much programming lately) but if u look under edit or something... it's called Format Code.. click that.
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Is it realy that hard to fromat your code your self? I use the unix shell with pico (a shell text editor) as my editor for most of my C and C++ code Rolling Eyes

I whould like to see u get that to crash....

stable releases of eclipse wouln't crash dan.. but yea neither would pico.. although i prefer vim (but if you you like the pico feel.. use nano.. pico is too limiting).. nevertheless there is a program called astyle for unix that you can use to autoformat ur code.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well this is on the schools super comps so i do not realy get to pic what apps are there or not. Also i did not mean to impley that eclipes whould or whould not crash just that you whould have to put a lot of work in to geting pico to crash.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Auto-indent in Eclipse is simply Ctrl+I. Or go to "Source --> Correct Indentation."
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: