Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Matrix ... really
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: The Matrix ... really

i searched "quantum" in google images, and on the first page there was a thing called "Matrix Code.gif". I clicked it cuz it looks awsome. The site it redirects to is all about if the Matrix was real, it is a freaky site ...

http://www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/Matrix.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do you know it isnt real?....
how do you know this is reality?
what is reality?
huh?
ANSWER ME!!! ANSWER ME!!!!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

reality is when I scratch my ass cheek for no reason.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mynameisbob wrote:
how do you know it isnt real?....
how do you know this is reality?
what is reality?
huh?
ANSWER ME!!! ANSWER ME!!!!

You could apply thos same question to life with or with out a Matrix and the turth is reality is what ever you whont it to be. What ever you belvie to be true is real (at least for you) and thos is reality for you. Thos an infent number of realitys can exists and at the same time ony one for you, witch is the one you inreat with when in a contions state. Tho all you can trurly be shure of being real is that you your slef are realm but what you are, where you are and who you are may be imposable to know.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
apomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked my head just exploded Shocked
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

reality is when you get shot u die. but then again u can also die in the matrix...according to the movies....
apomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Because "the body cannot live without the mind" (Morpheus)
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NOthing is real , all we see are shadows , the truth can only exist in hte light , Sacrates found that light , but hte people condemed hi mto death for coruppting the yourth , PLato his student followed in that theory and came up wth the Allegory of the Cave witch acuraly displaye what truth is ,

If you read it ( its like a page ) you will garunteed understand why nothing can be real , and why its impossible to know the world as it is , we are ale imperialists in the end
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dougth there for i am Wink

Yes i know that is Descartes and not Plato but it still aplays to this. It is not that nothing exists, you exists for shure. It is that nothing but you can be proven to exists with out any dougth what so ever but the fact that you are. Also it dpends on your deftion of exists, if exists is somting that is true and takes up space in your realty then if bilviel an object to take up space then it exits in your realty. Now wthere that realty is real is a compley difrent story.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The hardest concept so far , is understanding that when you dont think about somthing , it stops exxisting , it is a shadow due to Plateo , but i t still exists as a shadow , But Aristole stated and Peter Bridge i believe that when you stop thinking about somthing , it ceases to exist
apomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It only ceses to exist for you, but still exxists for others, exactly what happens when the whole world stops thinking about something, say like third world poverty, it ceses to exist for the ones who do not think about it, but obviosly still exists for those experiencing it. and for a very in-depth look at existence, go here
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If everyone were to not think about somthing (without trying to not think , which is thinking about the thing your not meant to be thinking about )

Then yes it would not exist , because no one would know about it , like Unobtanium Alooy dosent exist becuase we dont know about it yet ,

The Allegory of the Cave is greaat for existince because truly the would is just what you know
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You are assuming other poleop even exits to start with Razz

If you blvie in somting enougth then it exits in your realty, for exmaple you could not be thinking about gravity but you bevlie in it so it exits. Tho i think this is what you ment by thinking (or at least i hope) b/c other wise you whould float around alot intill u think "hey shount there be a force acting down on me, oh shit" *falls to the ground*.

One thing is for shure tho if you do not think then you our slef do not exits.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"The easiest thing of all is to deceive one's self; for what a man wishes he generally believes to be true."
-Demosthenes
Greek orator & politician in Athens (384 BC - 322 BC)
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
If everyone were to not think about somthing (without trying to not think , which is thinking about the thing your not meant to be thinking about )

Then yes it would not exist , because no one would know about it , like Unobtanium Alooy dosent exist becuase we dont know about it yet ,

Are you saying that, 2000 years ago, the barysphere did not exist, simply because the race homo sapiens sapiens did not know about it?
well...I previewed my post and everything is as it should be except I can't say what genus we are a part of. Razz

Hacker Dan wrote:
I dougth there for i am

I think therefore I am would be proof of existance, not a requisite.

Hacker Dan wrote:
One thing is for shure tho if you do not think then you our slef do not exits.

Are you saying that a rock does not exist because it does not think? because it does not have the cognitive functions that we do? Are you saying that, since the individual atoms that make up every person, since those atoms don't think, they don't exist? If so, we wouldn't be made up of atoms, we wouldn't exist, regardless of whether ours bodies, as a unit of atoms, thinks or not.

I believe that something exists if it is composed of matter or energy, or any combination thereof.
Forexample, a sedimentary rock exists because it is composed of minerals which are composed of elements which are composed of atoms which are composed of subatomic particles which is MATTER.
another example, an idea, such as the idea that a rock exists, exists. An idea exists because it is ultimately energy flowing through closed synapses and being stopped by open synapses in your brain.
Something doesn't have to be tangible for it to exist. It can be intangible and still exist, and it can be intangible for a number of reasons:
    it is an idea
    it is an emotion/feeling
    it is too far away for us to see or it is hidden behind another object
    it is a black hole and sucks light into it so there is no light for us to see it with.
    it is in beyond the third dimension, anywhere from the fourth dimension to the eleventh dimension (anyone know about string theory?)

Some might say that nothing we see exists because it takes time for the light to travel from the object we are looking at to our eye. While it is true that we are always seeing the past, the key is that nothing exists as we see it. It still exists, just it exists as we see it in a past time dimension.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 39 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: