Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Azureus and Zone Alarm
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
josh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:40 pm   Post subject: Azureus and Zone Alarm

I just read this article that says Zone alarm will mess up Azureus and ever since I installed one alarm a few dyas ago my azureus hae been stuck on yellow and they have been crawling along.

uit recomends three other free firewalls and I was wondering if n e 1 here used them and if so which is the best 1.

thanx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea i had some problems wit zone alarm too.. thats y i switched to norton internet security.. and everything is fine now
josh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would prefer a free option.

it mentions:

Quote:

* Sygate Personal Firewall http://soho.sygate.com/download_buy.htm - bottom of the page.
* Kerio Personal Firewall http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
* Outpost Firewall http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or u could NOT use a firewall at all, I've been using the internet for 6 years without a singer firewall, and I've yet to have anyone hack me. A router is fine for me. no hassle
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now why would a hacker tell you that you have been hacked.. only the script kiddies do that.

a real hacker uses ur comp to hack larger corp networks.. Razz you have been hacked.. most likely.. specially if ur on an always-on-connection
josh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have a router, but I still get trojans and stuff.

I ran this san from trendmicro called housecall and it piked up a trojan that nortan antivirus did not.

I have an always on connection and I still get probes through my router firewall so I want to have another line of defense.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What kind of router are u using, most linsys ones should be able to stop that....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
josh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have a D-Link and just finished wiring my room for wired internt last nite Very Happy no more dropping out of range for me.

I think the firewlal is O.k. but i still got probes and a torjan, adn my dads PC downstrs thta my bros go on had over 12 trojans that norton did not pik up.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

who said my norton internet security wasnt "free"?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

meh, I still haven't had any problems, the SMC barricade router and me turning off my computer when i leave the house is good enough for me.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: