Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Dan should read this.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:27 pm   Post subject: Dan should read this.

Fine, no trolling... let's see:

Hacker Dan wrote:

3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

May be you should falow your own relgiones belfies on this one. Be side why whould i whont to wast posting space to yell at you when i could just tac it on to your post to make it worth while. If i where to post and yell at you for trolling it whould be kind of hypiertical since i whould be geting this topic more off topic and whould just be spaming it like you are. Now if you whont to yell about the mods and how much we suck plz make a new topic for it in spam so we can debate this with out me needing to edit your post to send my mesage.

Any more offtopic post in this topic from you will be deleted w/o warning or notice.

P.S. just b/c you say somting is wrong like editing your post with a mod message w/o editing the context dose not make it wrong and since this is our site we are fully alowed to edit any content we whont in any way. Tho we perfure not to and to alow free speach as much as posable, but there are times when some poleop go to far and action needs to be taken.

Heh, you're missinterpreting the information. I don't come here just to offend people and tell them off. The fact that I said that insult was a direct result from an action that you took towards the mod-editing a non-offensive post.

That was my closing argument; I found it rediculous to start a new topic just to make one reply to a post in a topic that was discussed in another thread. It would be unorganized, in my p.o.v.

There's also another little rule you forgot to state (since you're trying to make me look like a hippocryte):

The Satanic Verses wrote:
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

I've asked you, in a civilized manner; previous, and various, times to not modify my posts when it would be stupid to do so.

Hacker Dan wrote:

P.S. just b/c you say somting is wrong like editing your post with a mod message w/o editing the context dose not make it wrong and since this is our site we are fully alowed to edit any content we whont in any way. Tho we perfure not to and to alow free speach as much as posable, but there are times when some poleop go to far and action needs to be taken.

This is a completely different point. I concidered this website "Open Territory", for the sole reason that the administrators and moderators respected the freedom of speech of other users. I found that it would be correct for me to "Openly" display my annoyance.

If this starts going in the direction of: "We'll delete your post if we don't like what you're saying". Then I won't have anything else to do but to remove myself from this community. I know that would mean nothing to you, but that's what I'd do. Like you said:

Hacker Dan wrote:

...or else do not go there.

So far I've managed to show you respect. But it works both ways, and if I'm not welcome here, just give the word, and I'm gone.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused Dan - explain

I haven't been following the discussion between you two, but I suspect that Dan has been obusing his position.

templest is a great member - he has been here for well over a year and often enough has interesting posts. I recognize the name out of a list of usernames and I don't think that his posts should be slashed with red "omg, I think otherwise" edits from those in position Thinking

if there's something I'm missing - let me know
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:

Read the "Vincent Massey" thread.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
Confused Dan - explain

I haven't been following the discussion between you two, but I suspect that Dan has been obusing his position.

templest is a great member - he has been here for well over a year and often enough has interesting posts. I recognize the name out of a list of usernames and I don't think that his posts should be slashed with red "omg, I think otherwise" edits from those in position Thinking

Tony... Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright - you might have been a bit (quite) off topic there.. though the topic should just have been split Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
Confused Dan - explain

Tony i whoulod expeted better from you, espleay affter that "teh monkey" instdent.

Any how:

Quote:

The fact that I said that insult was a direct result from an action that you took towards the mod-editing a non-offensive post.

The mod edit is not just for offensive posts, it is for any post that a mod feals need infomtation of any kind taced on to it or to stop a post from being edited by a user. As the topic of my mod edits where about you going offtopic it whould have just been out right dum to post more and go more offtopic to tell you not to go offtopic.

Quote:

That was my closing argument; I found it rediculous to start a new topic just to make one reply to a post in a topic that was discussed in another thread. It would be unorganized, in my p.o.v.

Your closing argument to your trolling Eh

Quote:

There's also another little rule you forgot to state (since you're trying to make me look like a hippocryte):

The Satanic Verses wrote:
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

I've asked you, in a civilized manner; previous, and various, times to not modify my posts when it would be stupid to do so.

If a mass spamer asked me to not delete there posts whould i? no. The same gose for editing posts. Also i asked you to stop trolling in that topic yet you keeped on going....thos the destory him (or edit the post...)

Quote:

This is a completely different point. I concidered this website "Open Territory", for the sole reason that the administrators and moderators respected the freedom of speech of other users. I found that it would be correct for me to "Openly" display my annoyance.

Tho we do respet freespeack, it is not open territoy b/c we will not alow of posts that add nothing but office to poleop and take away from the site as a hole.

Quote:

If this starts going in the direction of: "We'll delete your post if we don't like what you're saying". Then I won't have anything else to do but to remove myself from this community. I know that would mean nothing to you, but that's what I'd do. Like you said:

I have never delete a post for soley personal reasons nor just b/c i did not agera with the topic or what poleop are say. Also i whould not whont any other mod to do so and if they did i would be pissed. As for editing, there is a difrence between tacing crap on and editing the content (tho for some reason it seems to make you mader when i do not edit your content Confused ). Tho we modfiy any post that take away from the site, are office to poleop just for the sake of bening officeve or that do not fallow the rules of the site or are no in any way reaslted to the fourm topic or post topic.

Quote:

So far I've managed to show you respect. But it works both ways, and if I'm not welcome here, just give the word, and I'm gone.

When was this? it seems that all you have done is tell me how to do my job and seem to think that you can start making rules about how i do it...Also i feal that when you disrecpted this site you are disrecpeteding me, things like swearing is doing such
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Look, there is nothing on this website that requires members to like each other. There is also nothing that requires the members to like the mods and admins. There is a requirement of respect for everyone, especially the mods and admins. This is, after all, their (well, more specifically Dan's) website. You are just a (welcome) visitor here. We all are. Now, the moderators and admins do their best to accomodate for everyone. If someone edits your post, and you feel that they were wrong to do so, send them a personal message. If you don't know who it was, send it to me, and I'll track them down for you. Remember, this is a public forum, and posting topics that really only concern one person is immature.

If you want to talk to Dan about this, talk to him over IM or through PMs.

This is, however, in the end Dan's little piece of cyberspace. This is HIS website, and, at least here, his word is law. And, once you get past his love of anime and bad music, you'll realize he's an alright guy Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woot some one stading up for dan for once Wink

Tho i whould like to add that this is in a big part also tony's even if the legal stuff says that it is just me. And that it could not exits with out the help of all the mods and many helpfull users who keep this cominuty strong. I could hardly say that is was soly my website when it is a cominty like this, tho i am resopsamble for keeping it as an open as posable cominty while not offending any one or making it harder for them to experser there ideas, thougths options and ask questions. I do not mind if you do not respect me, but you should repsect the comunity. It is not allways esay being an admin or mod b/c some times the choices you have to make will piss some one off whtere you like it or not but i whould like to think that it is for the greater good of the comunity and site.

I can understand how poleop may not like us adding the mod coments on to there posts and may be we are some times going a but far, tho we are doing it to help the comunity and not hurt a scent person (ushely Razz ). Any how if some poleop realy dislike it that much then i will post rather then edit if the contions are right but i do not like taking topics more offtrack then they neeed to be.

Our goal is to make this a comunity for every one where any one can feal at home incuding the debaters (flamers), progamers, students and newbes (or all of the above in some cases :p).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in my opinion templest just wants to publicise the fact that he disagrees with the admin/staff and policies.. man if you seriously disagree. be civilized.. pm the one in charge.. if no feedback then you publicize or whatever.. but heh please.. i've notice templest, you are in a very aggressive mood lately.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

w00t, templest is smart! happy? Smile
reficul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Seems to me like this guy likes to whine a lot. Shocked
Baby want a bottle? Crying or Very sad

Laughing

[mod:5ef8640352="Hacker Dan"]
Did you read anything i posted up there?

How whould be starting to flame like this help the comunity at all? I mean at least templest has a point to his falming (most times).

I am watching you.....
[/mod:5ef8640352]
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shush! before he devours you Wink since you only have 2 posts.
reficul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
Shush! before he devours you Wink since you only have 2 posts.

Post count size doesn't matter, it's how you use them that does. 8)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right, why should I believe you? I've never seen you b4 Wink
plus, templest doesn't whine.
reficul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
I've asked you, in a civilized manner; previous, and various, times to not modify my posts...

Seems like he's been doing a lot of whining. Laughing

edit: I should have a post count of four by now, wtf?

re-edit: Not that it matters... Shifty
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 5  [ 71 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: