Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Artificial intelligence
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do we need a logic forum for things that don't directly relate to code?
(No ending time set)
yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

gigaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:31 am   Post subject: Artificial intelligence

I am writing a program and was wondering whether there is a way to make a more complex AI than just having the computer follow the player.

FYI. Poll idea came from a response to a topic i made in the C++ section
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i think there should be a forum it would help my ping pong program
josh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think a logic forum would make sense.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Of course you can make AI more complex. Pacman's AI was more complex than just following the player.

One of the ways to make AI more advanced is to have it try to cut off the player; that is, predict where the player is heading, and have the AI move there. Of course, the player will change their course, and then the AI will have to adapt to the change.

Or, you can have your AI work in teams. Have one of the entities simply chase the player, have a second entity predict where the player is heading, and go to cut him or her off. Have a third entity block off the player's most likely route of escape. And so on. Like in real life, teamwork is key.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Do we need a logic forum for things that don't directly relate to code?

It is called the genreal progaming fourm.....

Any how when (if) V3 comes out it will be more clear how general progaming fourm will incudle this and many more topics in such as way it will not be neceraly for more.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan - we've been putting quite a bit of things off untill v3 comes out... how are you doing there?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
dan - we've been putting quite a bit of things off untill v3 comes out... how are you doing there?

Ya Rolling Eyes

I am done the file upload system and the posting systems for the new content system. Also i have made the topic viewing system that alows for toturals to be ranked and put in to sub topics like truing -> colsione dection. Right now i have a few big bugs to work out in the id system for the posts but i have ideas on how to fix them. The layout for the thing is done but is not the best looking in the world. Also the new quiz system is done and working and will be better intergeated in to the site.

What i have left to do is the post viewing system, the mod conotrls and sreaching. Also there are extreas witch i whont to add in that we have been saying we whould get to, like a user CP that whould show some nice stats.

I whould say that if i get some free time it could be done b4 cirstmass for beat testing, tho there is allso the issues of conversting all teh tutorals and submisions to the new system.

I think that we could use the general progaming section for the logic intill V3 gets done and the bugs in the site and forum right now are not extreamly critacal so i have been puting them off.

Another thing to consider is that we may whont to chage or upgrade hosts that could add more time on to the projegect by making me have to move all the files and the db.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: