Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Welcome To Gr. 12 - JAVA @ L.S.S.S.
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:24 pm   Post subject: Welcome To Gr. 12 - JAVA @ L.S.S.S.

Hey Guys!! Thanx for the help in Gr. 11 with Turing, but i've moved on too bigger and better things now - Gr. 12 Java.

I've got the same dumbass teacher (he teaches math, but my school is too welfare to afford a programmer to teach us) so he doesn't know too much. Him and I do a lot of work in VisualBasic... but thats a LOT different then Turing and Java.

ATM I am very pissed at my teacher because he didn't give me the ICS award last year. I wrote a Space(Turn) Based Strategy game that included, Ships (Multiple Types), Planetary Defences, Buildings, Nukes, Combat, AI, Resources etc. The person who won the ICS award wrote pong.

So anyways in Java this year, my goal is to make an online RPG in which I will play vs. the teacher. Basically a combat arena. I am developping an RPG in Visual Basic ATM, completely changing code (specifically combat) from the standard D&D rules to my own personalized system. This is not a problem. What I am having a problem with is graphics and map. In VB I load everyobject on the map from a database file based on coords. e.x.

X-Coord, Y-Coord, Atmosphere, Terrain, Enemy, NPC, MeleeWeapon, RangeWeapon, Armour, Shield

1,1, Air, Hill, Dog, Samurai, None, None, None, None

Can anyone suggest a better way to do this, and also how to incorporate grafx... esp a scrolling map?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You'll want to look into the Swing and AWT libraries.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: