Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 MSN Messanger 7
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:53 am   Post subject: MSN Messanger 7

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/index.php?p=916
http://www.dvhardware.net/article3215.html
Yeah, well--- I say they made it more crap.
It looks, bulky. And the search the web tool bar is anoyong.

What is more anoying are these new things called 'Winks' Your msn Conversation has some dancing animated image for like.. 1 minute? (don't know).

New thing called nudge, haven't tried that out yet but it sounds anoying.

Oh well...
Btw, after you finish a conversation, and close it an error will pop up, i guess because its beta. either way it doens't crash msn.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Speaking of msn, has any one ever bothered reading the user agerment?

Here are some of my favorite lines:

Quote:

However, we may monitor your communications and disclose information about you, including the content of your communications, if we consider it necessary to

Quote:

Microsoft may automatically upload performance and usage data for evaluating the Service and the software associated with the Service.

So far from what i have seen from MSNM 7 is that they just stole all the ideas that GIMP (sorry, I think Dan meant "GAIM"--Coutsos) and aMSN had that where any good.....

EDIT: ROFL is MSN 7 buggy crahses more then windows right now, also the new graficks they use hurt my eyes. And they still have not put in any real needed fuetuchers that ICQ and AOLM have had for years.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm

i think i still have 6.2..... dont really care about upgrading..

works fine like it is..

and dan.... HAHAHAH.... if MS can read ur emails etc... why not READ EMAILS FROM US SAYING <MS SUCKS !

jeeze... at least from the hotmail / msn.com / ie / media player ...standpoint.. i relaly think they blow... i dont mind my win98se tho..
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont mind this version. I think the GUI is a bit better than 6.2 even if it is a bit unpolished. But the fact it doesnt work with plus and that it doesnt make up for the features that plus offers. I think i might just switch to amsn tho.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am realy pissed now, msnm 7 has bascily locked out msnm 6.2 from working on my pc. And msnm 7 is crashing alot for me and having so many error message it makes me whonder if they even ran it affter they complied it. I know it is a beat but still you whould think some of thess problems whould have been removed in the aplha since they seem to hapen for every one. Also the nuge thing is just wrong, i see it being exploted so baddly in the futtuer (if not by some one eltes then by me) by making a scripted to let you send it as much as you whont. And the winks are also wrong on so many levels, tho every time i send of get one it crashs my comp, the idea behind them is dum and they realy are just big animated emtoicons that recure you to hit play.

Some of the good things they did add where alowing you to choice what status u are in when you log in (wtich has been around for a long time in the open sorcen msn clinets) and they now alow custom animated encomics even tho they colors are messed to hell on them.

The GUI is difrent and it is deftaly more windows xpish if that makes any secen but i am some one who likes the unix comand line so the colors of the GUI do not mean much to me other then the fact that it seems to run slower and take up more memory then the old one. I also supscet they are going to be adding sinks for msn sine you can now hit a buttion and the clacik windows borders go away kind of like media player dose. But as many of you may know media player just gets messed up when it gose like that and so dose msnm 7.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, GIMP is image editing software Wink
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

Some of the good things they did add where alowing you to choice what status u are in when you log in (wtich has been around for a long time in the open sorcen msn clinets) and they now alow custom animated encomics even tho they colors are messed to hell on them.

The stats thing was already added long time ago (like few weeks before msn 6 cam out) to the MAC msn messanger Rolling Eyes weird eh?
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

One thing like about 7 is the look of course and it allows you to sign in as: appear offline. other wise it kinda sucks right now cause I cant log on and I cant change my display name
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How? how come everyone elses msn 7 is screwed (like dan, his crashes)
mine seems fine, except for the fact that the XML message history log is screwed (that i knew long tiem ago Rolling Eyes )

I just hate it that they didn't make the ads optional, and that search teh web optional and those side, menu drop down list thing optional.

Also Custom Animated Emoticons are screwed on MSN 7 Rolling Eyes (only the beginning)
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im going back to MSN 6, at least this version works
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So does anybody have cool screenshots of the new version? The one screenshot in the article wasn't terribly interesting.

Martin wrote:

That had me confused for a while until I realised he meant GAIM.
Genesis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Since this isn't an official beta release, I thim M$ made whoever had screenshots up take them down.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

meh looks pretty much the same, nothing special
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
So does anybody have cool screenshots of the new version? The one screenshot in the article wasn't terribly interesting.

Martin wrote:

That had me confused for a while until I realised he meant GAIM.

Ya sory about that, was typing fast and not thinking right. It hapens when your roomates will not shut up while you are trying to type.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Use Trillian Pro'.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 59 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: