Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PCL 2(chat)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: PCL 2(chat)

PCL is a chat client i have been working on since January and is a full GUI('cept chat port and ip address at the beginning) program based on the S-Engine(thanks for whoever made/posted that Very Happy )

PCL is very easy to use...
1)unzip .rar file and place wherever u want(has to unzipped)
2)type in server IP and chat port(basic ..i kno)
3)Type your desired username(no password lol)
4)If u got the right ip and chat port then the chat screen should come up
DONE!!! Razz

still beta...im working on the ip chat port thing

i am aware of bugs in it such as the sign out button and logging off in the status menu

but fortunatly its a beta version and the final version will have many more things (coming out november 2004)

*S_ENGINE REQUIRED*

this S-engine was made for pcl u can overlap this folder with the S-engine folder in C:/program files/turing (but make a backup just in case u dont like it) 8) thx everybody

*New in PCL 2 build 2*

-sound integreation(msn sound lol)
-Updated GUI (posted)
-Status Menu(still in the works, but included)
-Backgrounds/fonts
-Splash screen animation

*In the works*

-PCL webpage
-java server on web page and auto connect(and I keep the old choose your own sever)
-Auto updates from web page
-Compatitbility with Multi client servers
-Other new commands and ideas that come to mind
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Genesis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Is there a server client for this?

I also tried running it using my own chat program to host, but when your Username/Login screen appears, there's an Illegal Pic ID error.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, it is kind of hard to try it w/o a server verson.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my friend made a good chat program with gui it had the server/client built right into it so it was easier to use.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or you could always just forgot about GUI, and 1 on 1 chat....lol.
If your interested in continuing your chat to the next level, look in the "Turing Tutorials" section under ".NET commands (and multi-user interfaces". I wrote a tutorial there, which includes a multi-user chat server and client code. (Highly commented, easy to understand). You could probably learn alot about how to advance your chat with that.
Note to Self:Stop promoting my tutorial, lol
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i was using somebody else server program with my client do u want me to post that(it really shouldn't matter, as long as ip and chartport are the same)

Lol like i said...beta version im still working on it and i will post and updated version in like a week
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well sice you only posted the exe there is no real way for us to tell what it is about with out the server. Unless this thing is a IRC chat or some other standerd protical.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
zomg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i wasn shure if i should post the source file with it cuz i dont want anyone stealing it...but o well...i will post source with the next update

after all it is only turing...lol

PS. im learning to use visual basic so thats prob wat PCL 3 will be written on

Bye all
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Er, When I make my updated chat client (which will be in 'C'), I will pwn all! ALL!
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh C? ur screwed.. unless ur just lazy and forgot the ++ and the .NET edition
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
heh C? ur screwed.. unless ur just lazy and forgot the ++ and the .NET edition

While C#'s syntax is certainly in the C spirit, to insist that the two share much in common besides that is naive. C++ isn't even a "flavor" of C. Too often students get tricked into thinking C++ is just "C with classes". It is far more than that, and what's more, it's an entirely different language.

If you don't understand both the similarities and differences between programming languages you'll have a hard time picking up new ones in the future.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

waa? what are u talkin about wtd?
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
waa? what are u talkin about wtd?

I read your post as saying that he should consider "the C++ or C#" versions of C.

I was simply correcting that by making it clear that C++ and C# aren't "versions" of C, but rather entirely deparate languages. Smile
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol no.. i was implying that net modules are a pain in C and are alot ezier in C++ and the .NET
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
lol no.. i was implying that net modules are a pain in C and are alot ezier in C++ and the .NET

Welllll.... in .NET, yes. Networking in C++ suffers from a lack of standardization, and is still as low-level as C if you want to write code that's even remotely portable.

C++ is still far too low-level when it coes to networking. Network streams are in the works for the new standard, so hopefully in a few years we'll see the ability to have network I/O be as easy as file I/O.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: