Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cool blackjack game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gigaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:00 am   Post subject: Cool blackjack game

This is a really fun blackfack game

blackjackv2.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  blackjackv2.t
 Filesize:  17.68 KB
 Downloaded:  518 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice work, it looks like you put a lot of effort into this. There are, however, a few touch ups that could be done: I found that on time when i asked for a hit, the program then asked me if I wanted to play again, y/n. in the middle of the game. Thinking
also, you could make it so that players can have more than three total cards. I got stuch with a 2, 3, and a 4 one time, and couldn't hit myself again. Sad Also, some dealer AI would be good.
ie. if the value of the player's face cards plus seven (the average card value approximately) is greater than what the dealer has, he'll take a hit, provided he is not above 18 or something.
mind you, some people play that the dealer MUST take a hit if his cards total 16 or under, and that he MUST stay if his cards total above 16. If you play like this, AI isn't necessary 8)

As you progress with your knowledge and skill of programming, you'll find that you will be able to reduce the amount of lines it takes you to write a program like this.

Happy Programming, thanks for the submission.
+5 BITS
Genesis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cool game. Though like Cervantes said, a bit buggy. I experienced the same problem with the asking if I wanted to play again when I hit. And taking more than 3 cards would be nice.

Also, the amount of code is huge. BUT as you get better, shortening that won't be a problem.

Cervantes wrote:
mind you, some people play that the dealer MUST take a hit if his cards total 16 or under, and that he MUST stay if his cards total above 16.

If the dealer has 18 or above, he must stay, otherwise he must hit. Those are the rules of blackjack. So AI isn't really necessary, just a simple If statement.

But black jack's always fun. Have some more bits.

+5 Bits
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good job ruth i saw u write the whole thing an it look like a pain in the arse

i agree with the u need more than 3 cards

neways here's some bits
gigaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:27 am   Post subject: about the AI

yeh i found the bugs a wile after i posted it. Sorry everyone I thought I got them. as for the AI it has a basic 1 playing withthe rules that the dealer has to hit if under 16 if not the dealer doesn't hit. Thanks for the replies
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: