Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Laptop bootup problem
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:36 pm   Post subject: Laptop bootup problem

A friend of mine has a problem booting up her laptop, problem here:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new insallation, as your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If the problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode toi remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP : 0x000000ED (0x8278F030, 0xC00000006, 0x00000000, 0x000000000)

it apparently happened after she opened a mp3 file from a friend, any suggestions?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That dose not sound good, i whould try making shure all the setings are right in the BIOS. Then i whould get a xp recovery disk and try to use it to verfy that the hdd is not messed over. Also i whould search google for any likes about the same error and the M$ site to see if there is an easy fix. If that dose not work i whould call the tech sport poleop for the laptop and or M$. When that dose not work (note that i side when not if) you could try foramting the hdd or repaering it from a live linux disk or at least save the files.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea get konnopix and just pull everything u can on a flash drive and then reformat
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try typing in the error into Google and see if you can find an article that discusses the problem and shows a solution. This actually worked for me once (different problem though). And if that fails, I'd agree with dodge. That worked for me as well.
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i googled it and found these links on M$'s site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q297/1/85.asp&NoWebContent=1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q315403
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: