Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Splitting Huge Full Album MP3 Into Seperate Tracks(?)
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: Splitting Huge Full Album MP3 Into Seperate Tracks(?)

For the sake of legality, I ripped a new CD that I just bought, but can't seem to rip it in a way that it records each track into seperate files. In other words: I get a 79 MB file containing all tracks.

In some freak accident that is not worth mentioning, the CD got torn apart, pulverized, burned, liquified, and sold as a bogus cure for cancer; thus, eliminating all possabilites of me being able to rip the CD in a different way. What options do I have in order to seperate this huge file into different tracks?

-Thanks,
temp'.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u noe the length of each track?
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I suppose you can use a (decent) sound editing progam like Audacity (or was it Audigy...) to do it. I've never tried but just highlight the music for one song, cut it, and past it into another file to save. I don't know of any way to do it automatically though, sorry.
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only way I can think of would be the way Mazer suggested. Although I'd use a program like Sound Forge which is awesome for editing audio, or even Cool Edit.
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Audacity will do everything you need.
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Same thing pretty much. Except Sound Forge and Cool Edit aren't free. They're more professional, and more advanced. But Audacity will do the job just fine.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Genesis wrote:
Same thing pretty much. Except Sound Forge and Cool Edit aren't free. They're more professional, and more advanced. But Audacity will do the job just fine.

Ah, by some crazy coincidence, my sister purchased a new sony VAIO from this one *unnaned* store, which had this awsome deal where they give you all these sony products for free with it's purchase. "Sound Forge 7.0" was in there, what a lucky day, eh? I have a really crappy 28.8kbs modem network, so It's going to take 10 minutes from this post to finish the transfer from her PC to mine, but I'll be sure to test it out and see what happens.

Thanks for the input. Smile
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya, Sound Forge is made by Sonic Foundry, whom Sony recently purchased.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: