Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Resume
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:08 pm   Post subject: Resume

Hi. I need my resume critiqued. Please help.

http://www.compsci.ca/martin/resume1.html

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol better then mine
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno, the objective, make it fancier or something. I mean "Your company ever hired" lol
Genesis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is it necessary to have:

Quote:
Limited knowledge of Visual Basic.
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's suprising. Everyone requires Visual Basic. So I put that I have limited knowledge of it. In other words, I can click and drag.
Genesis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Couldn't you word it differently though. Like "Experience with VB." Not really specifying what your experience level is. It's not saying that you're good, but then again, it's not saying that you're bad.
When you use the word "Limited" it makes you sound unkowledgeable. And nobody wants to hire unkowledgeable people. Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Co-founder eh?

Helped build eh?

60000 eh?

Thinking
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if u wanna be a computer engineer then VB is a must. You dont even really need to know C or assembly.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
if u wanna be a computer engineer then VB is a must. You dont even really need to know C or assembly.

witch seems wrong on some many levels to me.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I helped build is a very general term. 60 000 is a rough estimate. And if you look at the SWAT picture, I'm on it Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
I helped build is a very general term. 60 000 is a rough estimate. And if you look at the SWAT picture, I'm on it Wink

I am not the one u got to convice Razz

Tho, you whould think an "admin" whould be helping to build the site....may be by writing some tutorals and stuff along thos lines *wink* *wink*
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Make a math section and I promise you a tutorial a week. I'll make some Java tutorials, once I learn Java.
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Maverick wrote:

witch seems wrong on some many levels to me.

Ya i agree, but thats life. Good thing VB is ther only thing im good at
templest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
To be one of the most productive co-op students that your company has ever hired.

You mean "student"? Aside from the slight spelling mistake... Er, that seems to be a little... extravagant?

"To be as productive a co-op student as possible" perhaps? You could re-word it differently; you know what I mean.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think I like the way he has it better. He's not saying that he wants to be the best, so it's not like he's making really big claims that are impossible to live up to. And "as best as possible", IMHO, sounds less ambitious.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: