Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Registry Entry
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Acid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:51 pm   Post subject: Registry Entry

Spybot has been putting an error message on my computer lately saying that it's detected a registry entry being changed. I get the message repeatedly, and I don't know what's doing it. It's the SearchAssistant entry for IE that's being modified. What could be doing that? Does anybody have any suggestions?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mabye your IE install is infected... try looking on the norton website, and search for your problem. They might have info on it.
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

also, try getting Firefox, if you haven't already
templest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Just a guess, but IE stores your "Address Bar Historty" in the registry and probably some website's history in there too. It could be that in between every scan interval that SpyBot does, it'll pick up the differences (since you'll have probably visited a couple of websites since then) and tell you that. Either that or when you clear your cache and history in "Internet Options" it'll detect the deletion of those registry keys. It's just a guess though. Try googling your error and see what you get.
Acid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I did Google my error. I didn't find anything useful.

The thing is that it does this repeatedly, even when you're not connected to the internet. I'd be able to tell you more about it, but I'm at school right now and I won't be home until the weekend.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: