Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 ads on compsci
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:51 pm   Post subject: ads on compsci

how much will compsci (or rather, Dan) get from them?? what if i click on them?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh man you should see the topic in the staff area Wink dan posts the amount we got already, you'll be suprised Rolling Eyes
Either way, let dan post the amount if he wants to.

P.S By the rules we are not allow to force or ask people to click on the ads or something like that, but if you find it helpful.. by all means do so

[mod:17edfd0d14] damn you kid, wtf u tryin to do get us in trouble wit google?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad [/mod:17edfd0d14]
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Just so u know i am not geting the money, it is going throw me to aviod some tax issues and leagal issue but all of it gose to the site in the end. How it will be spent will be deside by the staff and posabely input from the users.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I could definitely see how compsci.ca would benefit from getting me an mp3 player. A nice one.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Jeez even that wording was wrong Confused
google -.-
templest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Kind of offtopic but not really, you know what would be kick-ass? If you incorporated blogs and/or a personal page for all user that have, say, 200 posts? It's easy enough to get these things on one's own, yes. But it would just be, neat, in a way. Confused

EDIT: Make that, people that have 174 posts. That way I'd be sure to get in on it. Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Intresting idea, whould be a good way to expaned compsci.ca. We shall see how well the ads do in geting us a bigger server. If we mange to get one with lots of space and band with i expect that we will be doing more things like that and probly making the things in the shop cheaper.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or put the bits to use, and make the users buy it Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Buy stuff from... where was it that u guys liked to shop? jinx? then put them up for buying for rediculusly high amount of bits.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nobody seems to be going for my mp3 player idea. Crying or Very sad
We shouldn't have things you can get for bits that will cost us (Dan) money, as proven by my pre-moderator behaviour and other bit-exploits. And shipping costs would be a biatch as well. The blog thing seems interesting.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or we can make bits the official north american currency, and help me take over the world. I'll even let u be the official head of the ninja squad mazer Razz
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Hairkage works alone.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea i was thinking of making compsci.ca more of a community of programmers rather than just a place to look for codes and ask for help
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

All are not bad ideas, i mean some stuff to have a real prizes for contests whould be cool as well as making a biger area for progamers to hang out.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Set up a paypal account also, people do donate soemtimes Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: